xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zach101

The End Goal? is there a right and a wrong path?

Im writing this partly because im bored but also because I wanted to reach out to others and hear your opinions on this topic. You see im 17 and am finishing up my junior year of high school and quite frankly I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, if Im going to go to community college for two years or maybe even a four year college. The hardest thing for me is that the things I love and want are... well not that much. I love playing starcraft, Playing golf and just hanging out with freinds and it dosnt take a whole lot of money to do any of those. Especially starcraft :) I mean maybe(and most likely) my views and my interest in gaming will dwindle as I increase in age but as of now. To be honest im happy where I am and id be fine with continuing to work at fred meyer. However please dont get the wrong impression here im not saying this because im to lazy or cant get into college no that is not the case im in National Honors Society, I have a 3.8 and am taking some hard classes. Next year I will also be taking two college level classes as well. Not to be arrogant or cocky but I am actually pretty smart but I just dont need a whole lot of money to hang out with freinds, play a little golf and play starcraft but my family is constantly saying "zach what do you want to be when you grow up? where are you gonna go to college? have u been studying for the sats?" I mean seriously in your opinion is there anything the matter with just a normal job?

Edited by zach101 (see edit history)

All i have to say is, make choices for eternal purposes. If working some place for now seems good for now, then what's the point to discontinue? You'll find out what you wanna do for a living soon enough. I thought i wanted to be many things at first. Then, i thought i had made up my mind, to be a web designer. Then i changed my mind, :). It just takes time.