xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nitin Mangi

Illegal Category

Hi I just registered my domain yesterday with Yahoo and have taken webspace from Xisto - Web Hosting, i changes my nameservers to point to Xisto - Web Hosting nameservers.When i open my site my company intranet blocks it under the category Illegal.Does this mean my website will never be displayed from company permises and lots of people cannot visit my site.I have not uploaded any files yet can this be the reason.How can i disable directory listing, From cybercafe it shows the directory listing on Xisto - Web Hosting.Do i need to change my web host or the IP address.Please advice.Thanks

I don't know if I'm aloud to supply help in this catagory, but a proxy could help. Make sure you read Xisto - Web Hosting's TOS to make sure proxies won't get you kicked off. [Delete this post if I shouldn't have posted this.]

Does this mean my website will never be displayed from company permises and lots of people cannot visit my site.

This depends on what network is your company blocking. If you company is blocking you from opening sites in US or outside your country, then it won't display.

I have not uploaded any files yet can this be the reason.

You will atleast see a directory listing. IF you try to access some file which you dont have it on server, it will not be displayed and you will get illegal access error.

How can i disable directory listing, From cybercafe it shows the directory listing on Xisto - Web Hosting.

Put an index.html file in your directory.

Do i need to change my web host or the IP address.

Only NAMESERVER change is required. Give 1-2 days for propagation.