xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zach101

Warranty How important is it?

Hey guys im planning on buying a laptop in the near future. It dosnt have to be redicioulsy powerful but id like to get it up there with out breaking the wallet. I was looking at a site the other day http://www.ibuypower.com/ and saw that they had some very good prices, One of my freinds also bought a laptop from there and ive seen it so i know they deliver quality. I customized a laptop there and I could get a 256 ATI radeon with 2048 ram and a 2.2 AMD turon for $1,450~ Now unless im mistaken this is a very good deal yes? The problem is my other freinds are geting Dells and Alienware and they told me they do not recomend ibuypower(except for the guy that bought his from there) because comparred to Dell and AW ibuypower's Warranty is very weak. It only is one year parts and warranty compared to dell and aws extensive programs you can buy that last three years and you can practically stab it with a knife and get them to giveyou a new one. The downside is that not only does the warranty alone cost more your also with out a dobut paying for the "name" when you buy dell and especially alien ware I couldnt find one from eather company with the same specs for even close to the same price they were all around 2k and my question from you guys is do you think the warranty is that imporant is it work and extra five hundred? And what exactly does one year limited parts and warranty mean? If i drop it on the ground by accident will they give me a new one? Any help on this warranty stuff would be much appreciated thanks.

That in my opinion is a very good deal for a notebook computer. But i would defently get a Warranty. Desktops don't have very many problems but when you go to a Notebook Computer, things can happen. Because they have to make everything much smaller, things can go wrong easier. I knew someone who got a warrany with their new notebook and it was a good investment. the cd drive went out for no reason right after they got it and it wasn't cheap. But the warrany covered it and they sent a new part out. So i would say that getting a warrany is a must on a notebook. Also you might want to think about an Accidental damage coverage to. So that if you drop it accidentaly of it falls off the table they will fix it. Hope this helps.