xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JC05

Windows In Mac - Have You Hear Of It?

I have heard that Apple is putting Windows in mac but does anybody know when? I thought this would be a very cool thing if they did this. I have done some researh on the topic but don't know when they are coming out with it. Anynody know?

I think I heard something about this a while back. I didn't really pay too much attention, because I didn't have a Mac. But yesterday, I was talking to some people that have Macs and they were saying that now you can have windows run along side the native Mac operating system. So, I'm not sure if this is new at all... but apparently, there is already a way to get some sort of Windows onto the Mac.Sorry that I can't tell you too much more. It's all I know as I'm not all that Mac savvy.

Yeah with new Macs that have intel processors, you can install and run both Windows and Linux. All you need is a piece of software apple released call Boot Camp which is a boot loader that will allow you to dual boot and such. It apparently is very easy to do and windows runs really well on it.

Well thanks for all your help. I think i might just buy stock in apple. :) I wonder if they are going to start putting both operating systems on there of if you have to do it all you self. It is still really cool.

Well, I know that you can currently emulate OS X. It's not nearly the speed of a real mac, but it is coming along nicely. I do know for a fact that Apple is adding software called Boot Camp that lets you run Windows XP on OS X, check it out here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. It aparantly runs at full speed, and you would think that some kind of deal was struck, so we might see Macs running on Win32 machines soon, you never know.

Yes, I have heard about this before. It is a definitely a strange thing for me that Windows users are using emulating software to emulate Linux and Mac on Windows while Mac users are using other software to make their Mac look like Windows. It is quite stupid. All emulation software run very slowly and is not as good as native OSes. Probably these people are men who dress like women or women who dress like men?