xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Meeting People In Real Life From The Internet

What does everyone think about meeting people from the internet in real life? Everyday when i'm at school or have nothing else to do I talk to people from places such as Canada, Australia, or Europe and I build an internet friendship. It seems that after chatting nearly everyday you seem to know more about a person living thousands of miles away than the people you see everyday.I went on a trip to Canada last week for this folklore festival party and met around 20 people from this one forum site I always go to. It was really amazing meeting these guys in person and talking to them. It felt like I found a missing piece in a puzzle.Did anyone meet someone from the internet in real life?

I've never met anyone in real life that was online. I think it would be scary, because you never know just who is on the other side of the keyboard. They might not be who they claim to be... heck, I know I'm not always truthful when I'm talking...I think if I did decide I wanted to meet someone in real life, I'd want to make sure that it was in a VERY public place, and that both sides bring a couple of friends along to be more safe. That's only IF I could bring myself to go and meet someone. Because I haven't as of yet, wanted to.

I met once a girl, who accidentally add my email on hotmail, and I met other ones through skype... But I didn't like them because all of them were girls.

I met once a girl, who accidentally add my email on hotmail, and I met other ones through skype... But I didn't like them because all of them were girls.

That would be a very chance meeting. To imagine, that if she hadn't accidently added you email to her hotmail, that you never would have met. That's an interesting one lol...

And I'm just curious, are you yourself a girl or a guy? I'm just wondering because were you looking to meet guys instead? Or did it just turn out that you didn't like them and that they all were girls, so now you're hoping to find some guys to meet up with instead, because you might have more luck?

In someways it's easy meeting people on the computer but you don't really know who you're talking to online. Which can be pretty tricky, I've met some very nice and reasonable people online. Whether they're nice or not you don't really know until you actually meet them in real-life. In real-life you can at least see who you are meeting and it can be easy to see whether or not they are nice people or not it all depends on their people-skills. So I think in alot of ways meeting people in real-life is a little bit more easier because like I said at least you actually get to see these people sometimes for what they're really are good or bad. :)

I have meet two people from the internet that I knew from a game. One was a friend of a friend I have in real life and he lived not to far away. He ended up becoming a friend of mine. We played a racing game called Nitto 1320 Challenge. Another I meet playing Americas Army, a war game. He had family that lived 15 minutes away from me and when he came down to visit them we meet at a Golden Corral to eat and I meet his family. It was really interesting. The only problem is these people could be felons and stuff. They could do things to harm you but you never know. You have to be careful.

Couple of years back I joined a chatting community centered around a love of anime. It was a real tightknit community and almost everyone "knew" each other, etc. There were a few people in which I became good friends with and I've met two of them and talked to others on the phone. One turned out to be someone who lived about an hour or two away and we did meet a couple of times. We are still in contact and I consider her a good friend. Most I've lost touch with and yet there are about three or four that I talk to on a regular basis- they are also people I will probably meet up with sometime.And yes, you definitely have to be careful when it comes to meeting up with people you "know" online. Even when I was positive that I knew who these people were, I was still cautious and I told my mother and she was there to greet them with me "just in case."You can never be 100% sure.

I am on chat sites on my mobile phone like 10 hours a day wen im at school and there is nothing to do i just decide to meet new people. Even though i avent met anyone off a chat site yet, i would consider it but like you dont know if wat they say is real and if they are a cild rapist or a raper or just a sicko so i am very cautious. As i have already written in a topic on ere, i was talking to this person off a chat site for 3 monts. We got close but not close close as she said se was preg, wit a bf so i didnt even try. Anyway se told me last friday she lied and she was really a guy. I wasn't mad but that is a good example of things that could go wrong and ow any1 can lie without u knowing. But i suppose if u talked on phone or ad webcam or vid call chat and seen this person for who they really are i would definatelly meet them!!!

Six words: NEVER MEET PEOPLE FROM THE INTERNET. I never have and I never will, and I hope it's the same for everyone else here and everywhere else. It's dangerous.

If my memory serves me right, I've met 18 online friends in real life and I currently plan on meeting 13 more. :P For me, it has always been a pleasurable experience to meet people I've spoken to and know well online! For me, I am more open online than in real life, my real life friends from 3 years don't know half of what my online friends (whom I've met in real life) do in like a year or two. I was always able to cultivate good friendship online rather than in real life ... but not random ones I meet on chat rooms, people from this one social networking site named orkut, loads of people from the neighborhood and especially from nearby schools and regular gig-goers. My current best friend is a girl I met online who lives like 5 blocks away from me. The guys I like to jam with, I have met them online too! :D And I've even made enemies online! :P I hardly make new friends in real life, but I guess I will once I get to college in like a week or two. Meeting online friends in real life enlarged my almost non-existent social circle.