xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Final Fantasy 9, I think this is the best ff ever

Hi all. As some of you might already know I love final fantasy games and i have posted several topics on it. OK now i wanna talk about my all time favourite Final Fantasy and my favourite game of all time, For now at least until Final Fantasy XII comes out. OK my favourite Final Fantasy ever is of course Final Fantasy IX or 9 for tose not good wit roman nuemerals. Ok well Final Fantasy 9 is my favourite becuase it was te very first Final Fantasy game i ever tried and that was te game that got me hooked onto Final Fantasy and led me in tis spiral of events tat made me become wo i am. Final Fantasy gives me a cance to leave my world and go into a new world of my own created in te game. Final Fantasy 9 to me has a great story line, really good characters and of course always wit a Final Fantasy game, really great music. Well this is my opinon on Final Fantasy 9 so lets hear others. Does any1 class this as te best Final Fantasy game ever?

I personally liked it the best also, although I started with FF7, which seems to be what hooked a lot people on the Final Fantasy series.Anyway, what I appreciated in FF9 was it was definitely the most polished out of the PlayStation FF's (probably because it's the newest one of the three) - I didn't particuarly enjoy the extremely linear nature of FFX (I mean yeah, FF's are linear, but not THAT linear), nor did the voice acting particuarly capture my interest.FF9 had a story which was understandable, unlike FF7 which would require backreading etc. It had a battle system that was simple but effective - not like the damned junction system of FF8 (though I did appreciate the materia system of FF7). I liked the characters of FF9 though; a lot of people complain about the big heads and small bodies or whatever, but I quite liked the almost chibi-sized people running around, which probably added to the feel of the game. Cute moogles don't hurt either, and I rather liked the design of the cities - more so than either of the previous FF's and even X/X-2.Also it was a bit of a commemoration of the past FF games, with Vivi has a Black Mage cameo, Garnet wearing the White Mage outfit (and the designated classes to go with it), four party battles and music remixes.

i liked ff7 the best :) but i played that for 81 hours and completed everything there was to complete about the game im an ff fan what can i say, then again i played ff10 for 126 hours and still had the dark aeon yojimbo or whatever hes called to beat god when he did that slice with the sword that just killed you in one annoying as hell :@, ff9 was awesome too with that skipping rope game at the start that took about 3 hours of the game for me :) loved all the mini games and ff9 had ozma which i beat after like the 2nd attempt i liked the chocobo games for ff9 tho :).. anyone class dismissed lecture overoh i forgot to mention how much bahamut kicks *bottom* B)

Edited by braderz (see edit history)