xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Help With A Bit Of Frame / Frameset Html Please help me to solve this - I trust you guys to succeed with the im

Hi People...I am trying to get a framed website to work. I would appreciate your advice, if you are able to solve this? thanks?For one of the page sets of the site, I have deviated away from the original frameset, but there are links on there (the alternative pages) that I would like to take me back to display a specific page in a frame of the original set.How would I load the whole other frameset back (with header) whilst also loading a specific page into the lower frame of the original frameset, when the current page is not in that frameset? The original frameset consists of a header (with links) and underneath a frame with main content?Just PM me or reply if there is not enough info, or if this is not clear enuf for yas :)Thanks?James

What have you tried so far?I don't do frames, but I think an anchor tag with a target= would do that???

I am a little confused at what you want to do. Would Iframes do what he wants guys? It sounds like you want to display seperate information, or just make one frame load at a time, without the others, which is what an Iframe would do without adding the

_parent
code. Anymore ideas guys? I don't know what he wants.

For one of the page sets of the site, I have deviated away from the original frameset, but there are links on there (the alternative pages) that I would like to take me back to display a specific page in a frame of the original set.How would I load the whole other frameset back (with header) whilst also loading a specific page into the lower frame of the original frameset, when the current page is not in that frameset?

The easiest way to do this would be to just create a whole new frameset with the bottom frame set as the page you want.

Or did you mean that you want it to be dynamic? If that's the case then I'd suggest writting the bottom page in php. You'd pass a variable into the page (name of the link they clicked, or whatever), then use php to dynamicly write a redirect using either javascript or more php.

A redirect in php looks something like this: header('location:newpage.html');
While in javascript it looks like parent.NameOfThisFrame.location="newpage.html";

If you need me to clearify anything don't hesitate to ask.

Okay... Its for the photos area of my site... link below for any of ya who would like to look at my awesome photos... :) (I know some don't work and those are the best ones >: ( and I have no clue why, as they all work offline, but not online and with no pattern of breakage either...) < E D I T ; GOT EM TO WORK PROB WAS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ".jpg" and ".JPG" PIC EXTENSIONS - NEVER KNEW THE DIFFERENCE!!!> Anyway... Here are the rosponses to yar posts in chrono order: The anchor tag (i'm not sure about using these) but it may work, although as the page I am linking from is on a completely different frameset . .. I'll look up about these . . I couldn't find anything on the W3schools, but I did find a page elsewhere for an answer to the exact same question but the link is broken :) I don't mean to be using Iframes... most of the site and simple non - i - frame frameset works fine, its just that one of my pages has a completely different layout and so it runs on a different frameset from another htm page. It is on this page that I have links on the top that I would like to be linking back into the original frameset and to show a specific page in one of the frames there.on the original frame I have a header frame that displays header.htmand a lower frame that shows everything else. I got the links from header.htm on the top of the original page to just change the lower frame fine, but as you all know the overall page stays with the one that contains the frameset and different frames always.What I would like to do is to link back from a completely different frameset / page set to get it to show a specific page in the lower frame e.g. the games page instead of just linking back to the whole thing (which would just diaplay the home page). I mean to include reloading the original header and frameset as well...Once again your speedy response is what I have come to know from Trap 17 (in a good way :))

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)