xisto Community
katagirl3000

Contests have any of you ever won?

I believe I only one a contest once... I was suppose to write a poem/storie or a song for my cultures annual get together and out of all of the entries, I won it. It was a poem about the war in Canada a century or two ago and stuff. I believe I won two hundred dollars, I was about 9 at the time so that was a lot of money to me. I have won a lot of draws, such as draws for books, CD's, a concert, and a paint job for my car... that's about it. They were just small draws though, maybe 10-30 people would enter so my chances at being lucky are unlikely... just too many draws going on.

LMAO OpaQue you won a Best Handwriting contest?! -_- *Oops... I must try to remember... do not take the mickey of the guy who runs Xisto... do not take the mickey of the guy who runs Xisto* :PI haven't done too badly really :P When I was 16, I won a radio contest, the Letter of the Day on the popular teen radio station Perfect 10 here in Singapore. I kept hearing all these silly morons winning the prize with their silly little letters and the things they made for the DJ, and I thought, I can do wayyyy better than that... so I did! I made a Blues Buster... a kit of cool things to do if ur feeling blue, and I won instantly :P Got a goodie bag and some prepaid sim card.... and apparently the radio station liked my idea a lot, cos a year later my friend told me they started a Blues Buster kit for high school students feeling blue about exams! :oWhat else have i won....Oh yeah, Christmas 2003, I won 2 contests in the space of a week.. I won the Duran Duran World tour Live in Singapore One-Night-Only Radio Call-in Contest on Class 95 FM (I was too broke to afford tickets and I ADORE Duran Duran) and I won tickets to the fancy Gala Premiere of the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, which was a big event held in the city. My friend and I dressed up as LOTR characters (I was Arwen, she was Eowyn) and we had a total blast and got interviewed on 3 tv stations! :P

Two weeks ago I won first place in a quiz bowl -_- . I represented my department with two others and we won against representatives of other departments. It was during the College of Sci-Tech week celebration. WE would then represent the college during the intramurals this September. :P