xisto Community
Brian Gillingham

Brainwashed Groups

I really get worked up whenever I am exposed to people who are brainwashed - and don't even know it.

Here's my short list of groups that I believe to be brainwashed:

Meat Eaters - believe that they need that much protein.

Religious Followers (any religion) - all of them are cult members.

Republicans - conservatives? They are not conservative when it comes to burning gas, or taking care of the environment.

White Men - even though they can't admit it, they assume to be better than everybody else.

SUV drivers - they actually think that they need their large vehicle. How many times do I see a single person driving any SUV; it makes me want to cry.

Capitalists - when they believe that profit is the most important driving force in our dynamic world.

Hmmph... it looks like I just described my dad.

Um... isnt that kinda wierd like religous followers are not brainwashed they are just taught that way. There is a diference in my train of thought no offense to you. Well but I do agree with the SUV part. It just pollutes the world more.

Vegetarians, too.. sometimes, anyways. They can seem pretty brainwashed..

White Men - even though they can't admit it, they assume to be better than everybody else.

I really, really disagree with this one. I don't think I'm better than any other race :\ Huge generalizations such as this one are not a good way to look at situations. Even the religion generalization was better than this one.. There are some people that fit into this category, but there are also black people that think they're better than anyone else, and same with indian people, and any other race. But none of these applies to every person in any race.

SUV drivers - they actually think that they need their large vehicle. How many times do I see a single person driving any SUV; it makes me want to cry.

If its any consolation to you, I was out last night in an SUV and it was full. Just a random point. Sometimes they do get used to their maximum capacity, or more.

lol, as for eating meat, I enjoy it, and would do it even if there was no nutrition in it at all, hell people eat lollies that are 100% sugar just because it tastes good.religions are scams, i'll agree with you there.\as for the white men thing, I am a white man, I don't think i'm better than everybody, i do believe I am better than a lot of people though, I am intelligent (I went to a school for gifted kids) and just looking at the way most of the people I know act and live their lives I believe that I do a lot of things better than them. I also know plenty of my friends are white males and don't believe they are better than anyone.on the topic of SUVs even if they are filled to capacity they're not usually fuel efficent anyway, there are plenty of other types of cars that would be better suited for moving people around the city.and as for profit driving the world, that one rings true aswell i guess, people are too focused on money and don't care how they get it, peole will fire a hundred people just to increase profit for their company without caring that those people now can't provide for their families. people don't seem to care in general these days, when I was younger if an old lady was trying to lift something heavy or reach an object on a high shelf people would help them without even thinking, nowadays nobody helps each other. its a shame the world is becoming like this.

"Meat Eaters" => I am Eggitarian.. May be that fills up my daily protien Quota.Religious Followers (any religion) :=> Religion is supposed to by your GUIDE. One is supposed to FOLLOW it. Not getting dragged by it.Republicans - conservatives? :=> No CommentsWhite Men - This is not true. I have come across many White guyz, I never got this kinda feeling.SUV drivers - I am against those guyz who drive the large thing alone ALL THE TIME. Else, once in a while, its fine :)Capitalists - Girls would say LOVE is. Businessmen would say "Profit". A Professor will say "knowledge". I would say "Xisto".

Meat Eaters--->Meh, meat is good for you...if no one ate any meet then the world would be overwhelmed by an abundance of animals that we eat on a daily basis... therefor meat eaters are good :)Religious Followers--->Hah, i do not mind them...just as long as they do not try to push their religion on me, and just as long as they arent one of the people who thinks the bible runs their blessid lives, meaning if the bible says against it they dont do it and they also dont want anyone else to do it... i cant stand them i wouldn't tolerate themRepublicans--->Who cares??? Democrats---> who cares???White Men---> Words i want to say are not bareable on these forums, so one word on that... Racist! one of the many people in the world i cannot stand, racist people..whether they be black and hating white, or they be white hating black i cant stand them....white men, i see no problem with like you seeSUV Drivers---> as OpaQue said, as long as it is only once in a while and not every day...but in my case at the moment we are moving my dead grandfathers house, and so we must drive it every day...we have been having to drive it every day for the past umm month now... so occasions such as that are fine..Capitilists---> Who?

I can say the same thing for Vegans and other non-meat eaters. They think that by eating vegetables all day they are more healthy than the greasy meat eaters. There are many vitamins that you need that are always found in meat and non-meat eaters are the ones who are missing out on some important nutrients only found in meat.

Depends on which religion. I agree there are some people such as Mormons or Jehova Witnesses who go door-to-door trying to convert people. But all the major religions are not "brainwashed". People's religious belief's is what makes them who they are. Without something to believe in then what are we? Religion has done alot of good in this world.

Republicans - conservatives? They are not conservative when it comes to burning gas, or taking care of the environment.

I hold Right Wing views, but I'm not a Republican. The same can be said about Liberal leftist groups who make promises but cannot keep them.

The same can be said about non-whites who always think they have been opressed while we had it easy. There are many white people who live hard lives and discrimination on whites does also exist

Capitalists - when they believe that profit is the most important driving force in our dynamic world.

I hate Communists more. The biggest devil on this planet that took the most lives was Communism and even the ieals of Karl Marx would work only in a perfect world which is not possible. Even though I think the working people deserve more rights, Communism did not give them that rather the opposite.

What? Does that make any sense? No. Religious people have no connection to any cults unless evil people trick them into joining one. Yet again, that makes no sense. Maybe you should research your facts before you make stupid statements that without thinking or having any behind the scene facts.

Meat Eaters - I'm sorry if people eat meat, perhaps vegitarians are brainwashed because they think they just don't need all that meat, or they are brainwashed into thinking that animals have a consciousness that matches humans. There's a reason we eat animals, and animals don't drive cars, we evolved into a higher life form

Religious Followers (any religion) - I agree, not the cult part though; children are taught at a young age, before they can think for themselves, so even if they wanted to choose what they would want to follow, it's difficult, given that their parents forced them to go to church every sunday as a child, or something along those lines

Republicans - I'm sorry, I'm not republican, but I'm not a democrat either, there are two parties, with different ideas. If republicans are brainwashed, then so are democrats. a balance is what we need

White Men - are you kidding me?

SUV drivers - I think SUV's are ugly, that's all I have to say to that.

Capitalists - why don't you head on over to a third world country or a communist one. If you don't like capitalism, it's not our fault. How do you think the US and Western Europe got so advanced? Why do you think Russia's economy is crumbling while the US, UK, and German economies are booming? Why do you think you can afford a computer to post this on? CAPITALISM. If you don't like it, go to a developing nation and stop complaining.
----

My opinion, is Brian you need to be a bit more optimistic. You complain about too many things, sounds like you're a spoiled brat to be honest... sorry to break it to you so bluntly.
Edited by PmH (see edit history)

What? Does that make any sense? No. Religious people have no connection to any cults unless evil people trick them into joining one. Yet again, that makes no sense. Maybe you should research your facts before you make stupid statements that without thinking or having any behind the scene facts.

Uhhhh... I am really sorry to burst your perfect argument, but this next quote should be all of the proof / research you need:

1. a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

n 1: adherents of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices 2: an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season" [syn: fad, craze, furor, furore, rage] 3: a system of religious beliefs and rituals; "devoted to the cultus of the Blessed Virgin" [syn: cultus, religious cult]

Now, take any definition you want. Any other takers on the Religion == Cult issue?

...There are many vitamins that you need that are always found in meat and non-meat eaters are the ones who are missing out on some important nutrients only found in meat.

I just proved that you are brainwashed on this subject. There is nothing true to your statement. Name one nutrient that is only found in meat - and show me that I really need it. Also, you probably think that 20% of calories by protein is good for you (I'd recommend a change of diet, but I am not a Doctor.... he'll tell you that when you are an obese 60 year old in need of an angioplasty). Needing more calcium for stronger bones is also a myth (research indicates that calcium is absorbed and not available to the bones in those with higher protein diets - it is a linear graph ... the more protein, the less calcium your bones will get). Remember that they said that eggs were the best food for you... a little later on, they said that only the whites are good... later on, the whole egg is good again, now it is back to just the whites being good.

I hate Communists more. The biggest devil on this planet that took the most lives was Communism and even the ieals of Karl Marx would work only in a perfect world which is not possible. Even though I think the working people deserve more rights, Communism did not give them that rather the opposite.

I wouldn't really say that any communists were brainwashed. They all knew what the common goal was. Now, the Republicans - they are drinking the kool aid by the super-gulp. To say that they are not brainwashed would be to say that they are in full control of where they are driving, right? They remind me of oompah-lumpah from the Willi Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - a bunch of fat republicans, aimlessly wondering around while working on oil (or candy if you like).

I really get worked up whenever I am exposed to people who are brainwashed - and don't even know it.

Hmmph... it looks like I just described my dad.

Have to agree on most groups, but I think there are more people who get brainwashed by our society.

Meat Eaters -> true, they are told that they need meat to stay healthy, but the opposite is true. When an animal get's slaughtered, it's scared as hell and those vibrations are settled inside the meat. When a human eats meat, those vibez unconciousnessly(typo!) settle inside the human soul.

Religious followers -> Also true, they judge about peoples who are in cults, but every religion is a cult. Especially Catholicism and Islam, they both 'recruit' people when they're babies. Catholics baptize babies and muslims cut off a piece of a man's forehide, in my opinion that is marking a human and should be forbidden. I have a son and I refused to get him baptized or circumsized because I want him to be a free man.

Republicans -> Simply hypocrites, nuff said.

White men -> If you look at history, white men always assumed they were better then anyone else. We have conquered, oppressed, enslaved, killed, robbed and raped more people then any other race, so yes there is one thing we as white race are best in... Being a pain in the butt.

SUV Drivers -> lolz

Capitalists -> Well in this time, money is power, but I think they don't understand that everything is temporarly. Of course it is nice to have some $$$ to live a nice life, but I'd rather be poor and spiritually free then rich and brainwashed. Not every shine is silver nor is every glitter gold.

Governments -> People vote for a new president or politician, because they get lied to. Everyone who runs for a place in politics say that they will change the nation for better, but once they are elected they do the opposite unless they can gain for themselves.

People also think police are here to maintain order, but I believe police are here to maintain the oppression of our governments. First criminals are made by games like GTA and such, by forbidding the most simple things like cannabis, by making everthing so expensive that some people have to steal to feed their families, and then they lock them up so they can make money for the government.

Media -> The media only show everything from one side in the news, whether they are western or eastern. They broadcast soapseries, games, shows, cartoons and the manipulate everyone with it. If I see children, they always play what they've seen in cartoons, housewives are addicted to soaps, men and women worry about their weight and looks because eveyone on TV are so 'perfect' and I could go on and on.

I don't keep the point of this topic, other than the classical and stereotypical "WHITE MAN GETTING ME DOWN" vibe it's throwing off. If anybody's an idiot who's brainwashed, it's the vegetarians. You can't eat meat? Yeah, just ignore other things on the planet do. Things are born, things die. Stop trying to make bulvine or a pig glorified. Animals eat animals. Humans are animals. Stop being such a creationist tool, open your eyes, shut up, and eat. You're not better because you eat plants. If anything, you're missing alot of nutrients. Humans evolved to walk up right and hunt other animals. Protein is a big part of our diet.

Watch out, we have a liberal bandwagoner! From what I've seen so far, you're probably the classic person who doesn't want war because people die. As I've said an infinite amount of times, all people who are born will die. If you're that afraid of death, why were you born or are still alive?

In the immortal words of a man who isn't able to tolerate this kind of hippy *BLEEP*, I will quote Maddox who owns the Best Page in the Universe to nullify you're pointless vegetarian crusade.

For every animal you will not eat, I will eat three.

Got that? For every animal you don't eat, two more die. I suggest anyone else reading this topic does the same.
Edited by Kioku (see edit history)

On meat eaters - Humans are NOT the top of the food chain. When we die, things eat US!On Republicans - etymology lesson - RE = to do again, i.e reapply, to apply again PUBLICAN = a tax collector. REPUBLICAN = to tax people over and over again.On SUV's - What real SPORTS require a SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE?On cults - we ALL belong to cults! You're on the Internet, following technology. Ever invited someone to join you in a chat room that had never been there before? CULTIST!!!P.S. - Please take note that my tongue is FIRMLY in my cheek here!

vegetarians are more brainwashed than meat eaters. meat eaters don't go around shunning vegtables. Meat eaters eat both vegtables AND meat.In case you people didn't know, humans are built to eat both meat and vegtables. Which is why we are called OMNIVORES. We are not meant to eat JUST vegtables or just meat.The problem with people and society today is that everyone always takes things to EXTREMES. When people hear something is good for them, they will only eat that one thing. Or when they say something is bad, they will cut it out of their diet entirely. This is RETARDED.People are meant to eat BALANCED diets. Eat your veggies, meat, fruits, and grains.