xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CarlU

Stupid Sore Throat.

Garr :) stupid sore throat won't go away.it's all red and inflamed, everytime I sneeze or cough it just makes it worse.I feel like putting a gun to my neck and shoot but that'd be illegal wouldn't it?+ I don't think my family would like that idea. :) so much for that idea.Does anybody have any ideas besides, lemon/honey tea and gargling warm water with salt?!

Try Comvita Fortacold Herbal Elixir. Good for all ailments including sore throats, colds, coughs, upset tummies.... Plus it's all natural and cheap to boot. Don't know where you can get it locally but you can order it straight from their website: http://www.comvita.com/products/manuka-honey-propolis-elixir/H3889. They also have throat lozenges :) And no I don't work for them, just used it myself over the years and found it to be really good which is a bonus for me as I'm immuno-compromised.

You better be carful it could be signs of devoleping Strep throat. Did I spell that right?

Yes you spelled it right. And your statement is also right. If this has been going on for 7 days or more, you need to see a doctor. It can be signs of things like mono as well.

Well, instead of gargling, and lemon and honey remedy, you have like 3 other choices:

Currants

Herbal medicine

The turnip remedy

But, i'd suggest you include in your diet foods that contain:

Vitamin C

Zinc

Beta Carotene

Also, drink nonalcholic and caffeine-free fluids.

I'm not an expert at stuff like this, but when ever I have bad sore throats, and I seem to get them alot, then I just suck on "Stepsils" (Sp?) and they don't cure it, but they help the pain for a bit.

Did you try seeing the doctor? Have you ever tried green tea? It might help, and also try honey with water. (if honey with water wasn't mentioned already because it sounds like honey tea is honey with water O_O) But my brother does that, I think, but if you drink some chinese Lern cha I think it'd cure you too! Hehe

Drink lots of water and get lots of sleep. Immune system to the rescue!! And drinking herbal tee is always good, and if you're coughing a lot some cough medicine (and/or cold medicine) won't hurt. But drink a lot!

Garr :rolleyes: stupid sore throat won't go away.
it's all red and inflamed, everytime I sneeze or cough it just makes it worse.
I feel like putting a gun to my neck and shoot but that'd be illegal wouldn't it?
+ I don't think my family would like that idea. :lol: so much for that idea.

Does anybody have any ideas besides, lemon/honey tea and gargling warm water with salt?!

I got something simple and neat for soarthroat, just chew on some raw cloves of Garlic......if its too strong ,mash the garlic up and put in hot water, drink it........will help with the throat cause garlic is a kind of natural antibiotic,and its natural so its great except for you getting garlic breathe.....hehe.......or you can try eating foods cooked with garlic, might be easier on the tongue