xisto Community
Dagoth Nereviar

I Hate Site Builders. Mainly things like piczo and freewebs.

Loads of people i know, who have very little HTML knowledge, use Piczo. And now, anyone with one of these sites, think they have the best websites ever! All it usually is pictures and text randomly thrown on a page, with very-hard-to-navigate links. Freewebs is basically the same. I'm not sure about my space, I think it uses HTML, but I hate myspace websites.

Anyways, back on the point, does anyone else know people who use piczo and think they are the best website builders in the world? I tried to teach one how to HTML, got stuck on tags :)

annoys the hell outta me I wtite html and php w/ graphics and flash and these highschool kids make a P.O.S. site and try saying they're a web designer..I write some pretty cool stuff and I wont even cal myself a web designer

I'll admit those "things" are very dodgy, especially those ones from the likes of geocrud, tripod and so on... What probably annoys me more is those in myspace that add animated gifs as a background, have rather annoying MIDI music (rather than mp3s).. then claim they are a web designer although it's very hard to read the text of some myspace blogs.

the gals at my old school go nuts about piczo best thing is all the sites are same loads of pics of them and my best friend page and stuff like that and they like you been on my website the gals love it because they can leave messages to each other in school. i hate them freewebs is ok myspace is boring

the freewebs site builder sucks but you can write your own code which is usefull for absolute beginners who only need html and javascript to begin learning. My space is possibly the worst invention ever in the whole world. it doesnt deserver the three seconds of time it took to create the idea IMHO. and piczo....oh dear god! its good for one thing wasting time. Their guestbooks are possible the worst ive ever seen. and the people that make them generally have nothing to do with their lives so they make a tacky looking cheap and stupid website that makes no sense atall and as already said the navigation is not even worth having there and the fact that they TRY to protect the pictures from being copied by fail miserably makes it worse. Ive never used any of the sitebuilders above properly although i did start with a freewebs template and modify it. Ive only seen the outcome of silly little people begging me to sign their blogs or whatever. These and other site builders do nothing good for this world and shiuld be banned. Some PROPER wysiwyg editors such as fireworks are ok because theyre not like site builders with silly templates and uncustomizable layout and design.I hate them too!

Loads of people i know, who have very little HTML knowledge, use Piczo. And now, anyone with one of these sites, think they have the best websites ever! All it usually is pictures and text randomly thrown on a page, with very-hard-to-navigate links. Freewebs is basically the same. I'm not sure about my space, I think it uses HTML, but I hate myspace websites.

Anyways, back on the point, does anyone else know people who use piczo and think they are the best website builders in the world? I tried to teach one how to HTML, got stuck on tags :)

MySpace uses HTML, but half the profiles have such malformed CSS and HTML that it can crash your browser, or even your computer if its old.

I don't use website builders because I can't stand templated designs. I use Macromedia Dreamweaver to create pages so I don't have to memorize all that XHTML standards stuff and I have easy control on how my site looks on web standard browsers..

MySpace uses HTML...

I knew that it had HTML somewhere, but do the users handwrite it themselves, or is it like the dreamweaver buttons? I'll have to look into it sometime...

I don't use website builders because I can't stand templated designs. I use Macromedia Dreamweaver to create pages...

I also use DreamWeaver, but only because it's easier to use than Notepad :)

Ugh... I remember I used to use those a lot when I was 8. Thankfully I moved over to the light and studied HTML. I was an enthusiastic coder at 9... I'm not sure about now. :) I forgot most of what I could code. The annoying thing is, people think they have the best sites ever. I also had this classmate who was trying to get into the world of websites... She had an overly glittery page, slapped on some animations and made HeR teXt hard to read. I've been coding for a long time, and I've learned by experience what kind of website people like... :/ Maybe I shouldn't have told them I have a website. When I do, they usually end up making their own, and they don't do it well.

I uses Piczo it's very slow to someone who has a slow connection, but for me it's great. Besides does anyone has a website to build fully customizable websites with no ads? Please?ThanksH.Z

I really dislike free site builders. They make all the sites made by them unique and boring. If you sorta think about it, it lowers the 'standard' of pages on the internet. In order to create a site a while back you actually needed to know HTML and write the site in Notepad or another text editor, but now everyone and anyone with an internet connection can create a site. I still write all my HTML and PHP in notepad. I even have a little image at the bottom of my site in the lower right hand corner that says powered by notepad.

Hmm I think I used freewebs years ago once and I hated it just not enough customobility and they all look sooo similar. I like dreamweaver my self because when you go into the code editor window all the differnt types of tags are highligthed and what not. Just makes things so much easier. The only reason I would have to say why I really dislike freewebsite builders though is because of just what ghostrider said. Some one sees your cool site and they go to free webs or w/e you got it and boom they have the exact same one on the exact same topic somtimes they dont even have the courtesy to change the color scheme or the template. arrggg very frusterating.

Ahhh, then I am just another website builder hater!Anyways, I know Piczo, what does it do, random pictures and tacky text with each letter colored differently thrown on different areas of the page and it looks like the HTML puked all the alignment out!I haven't used any of them yet, but I do write my own HTML and CSS and then too, I don't call myself a web designer even though I add spices to it through Photoshop CS2, then how can some idiots who "pimp" their profiles on hi5 and also add "bling" and pink with animated blue gifs in the backgrounds of their MySpace profiles...But yeah, it isn't some newbies fault, anyone seeing the word "pimp" will be excited to do that thing they offer as obviously they don't know *BLEEP* about web designing.And now it irritates me less as I see those kind of pages atleast 100 times a day and now I am used to it. :)