xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matto

Password Doesnt Work Properly In Cpanel Login Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesnt

I am not able to login to my cPanel using the HTTP password request that pops up when I go to my /cpanel, but when I click cancel and it brings me to the cpanel login screen I am able to login successfully. I am also unable to authenticate any of my passwords via my FTP client. I've made a custom account, used the root account, and used some other main accounts (using the main password). I didn't mistype the password 10 times in a row. What's the deal? Anyone else having this problem? o_O

And yes, I am typing @sfusy.trap17.com

Notice from mayank:
Edited Topic Title

How can you use ROOT account ? You are supposed to use the username and password provided to you at the time of signup.

I think he meant he created separate FTP directories? I'm not sure, it would be great if you clarified your problem a bit.

This happened to me once, where I couldn't do get in on one computer, but then on the other computer the same password works, and then I came back later and my password worked again. But I'm sure I had some weird setting turned on or something, everything works fine for me now.

Hmm okay it seems to be working today. But I'll clarify my previous statements anyway, in case it should happen five minutes later...By "Root" I didn't mean root of the server, I meant root for my hosting account (which would be the account 'matto', rather than ftp@sfusy.trap17.com or matto@sfusy.trap17.comBut it could have been some sort of server split or just a bug, it seems to be working now. I'll bring it up again if it is happens again.