xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Uentil

Why Do People Trojan?

It is so retarded how people will send files with trojans attached, lucky for me, my antivirus is a king at detecting. But anyways, like 40% of averything i download has a trojan or keylogger, i mean come on. Why do you have to steal peoples accounts and know info about people, why cant they get there own lives? Just a warning, use caution, people attach trojans to alot of things. Get a good antivirus if you like to go on downloading sprees like me =P. I was looking one up online and it showed that you can look at the saved internet exploror passwords too. My Norton protects my password, so usually im good to download 20 million things a day and not worry about passes getting stolen =)I just cant understand why people wanna do that.

Well most people who create viruses do it either for glory or to spite a certain OS or program. The people who write viruses for glory do it for when a major virus comes out they can say that it was all them and they are the best. The people who do it to spite an OS or program want to put down the program by showing it has code flaws and its not good to use. Neither are good reasons but thats the reason. Spyware is another story people make that to steal information and don't want to be found out.

Wow, people suck. Why cant they make like a cool game for glory? Jeeze, Blizzard intertainment is very famous for making Starcraft, Diablo, Diablo 2, and Warcraft. If they hate an OS or program, then they have the right not to use it!

People invented tojans, viruses, and other malicious sorts of things because they can. Everything exists, or will exist, if it is possible. Thus, people found ways to make people's computers blow up and stuff (not literally...), so people started using the technology they invented and it spread to others, and now every single person in the world who knows how to give someone some malicious piece of software considers themself the best computer hacker to exist in the world.Sorry for straying off, though, people invented such stuff to make other people's lives a living hell. And probably for competition too, inter-company competition and stuff.

There are many reasons why they do this.. People write viruses or trojans to show how smart they are in hacking through and discovering exploits in softwares and operating systems, basically because not many people is able to do it. It's a means of showing how talented they are and to make people fear of them, thinking that they can dominate your computer. Another reason could be that they are in furious moods with the intention to disrupt or hack into a software by all means. Such examples are spyware in some programs hidden from your acknowledgement, or the recent intented trojan by Sony written into geniune audio discs to prevent users from copying or ripping audio tracks etc.Looking on the good side, Symantec and other anti-virus companies wouldn't survive if no people write viruses or trojans.

Its called a bunch of bored nerds who have been pushed around at school so they want to make everyone elses time on the internet worse. They are essentially the bullies of the internet.

Its called a bunch of bored nerds who have been pushed around at school so they want to make everyone elses time on the internet worse. They are essentially the bullies of the internet.

Good call, spot on probably!

Well buddy i very nice and a good question by you . :) Infact , the answer is simply in this world their are two types of people one who uses their qualities for good purposes and the other for EVIL . means one create Virues and the other Anti-Virus. But both of them do for the Fame . But definaltely the one who write anto-virus program is a person who do it not for it self but also for the others benefit...........

theres a simple awnser to this. It's because people get kicks out of others misfortune. If it is intentionaly sent at sumone it's either because the sender is jealous or that they just want to make sumone feel bad.Its like people, You have those that make programs to help people and there's those that make things to harm people's belonging's, it's a thing called human nature Unfortunatly. there will always be people who feel they have annoyed lots of people that there job in life is now down.In Short Saddo's make Trojan's

Some people are just like that, they like to show off how great they are, and that they can do it. Others do it to hit back at big business, Microsoft is the classic example of this, although recently Apples Mac OSX has come under increasing fire from virus writers.It used to be, and this is way back when, that virus writers would exploit flaws in operating systems and programs, with the intention of getting a job (securing flaws was the most common) at the company who they were exploiting, however now they just sue the person.nowadays however, trogans are increasingly used for financial gain, this and phishing can be an easy and reletively low risk way of fruedulantly gaining someone elses money.It depends really some will do it to go against 'the man', others are simply just bored little geeks with nothing better to do, these often however use other peoples 'work' to exploit applications (hence the name 'script kiddies' which is often attributed to them). Then again some people are just wrong and do it for fun.

Hm this is a good question..I think it is the same reason why people bungee jump of the bridge!? It is all adrenaline and our evil lil' thing inisde of us that enjoys when we are making something bad - this is what should be avodied at all costs to live good live(s). Well as I was young i trojaned a few computers pretending i was a hacker being very smart (acctually stupid :) ) and it did make some sort of joy...it is a mix of adrenaline and these dark side of us. It is also curiositiy i think, because you can see in someones computer, steal their pictures and mp3s and stuff. I hope that explained a lil' bit why people are doing it...mostly these people are teenagers who are curious and wannabe hackers :) Real hacker have other ways :Dgreetz

People should be jailed for creating these type of things. Its not far to the rest of the world. We have to sufer at there gain. IN a bad way too. Once something happened were my whole 100G hard drive died. Now I am running 40G

Mainly because they either want the "glory" of making a virus, even though the next day theres patches for it, or they want money. They attach advertising and spamming robots and make your computer a "robot" or "zombie" computer. Then the more computers they can effect, the more money they make or the more credit card numbers they can steal or the more security they can compromise.

People should be jailed for creating these type of things. Its not far to the rest of the world. We have to sufer at there gain. IN a bad way too. Once something happened were my whole 100G hard drive died. Now I am running 40G

How could a virus affect your hard drive?

Also, I believe some of these trojan writers are doing it for the money. They could easily throw a keylogger in there and wait for somebody to access their bank account. Though, worms and all of that other stuff I think are just there to annoy you. It is kind of annoying how many more of these pieces of code these programmers crap out. They may get a kick out of being on the news and all, but they have no idea how much damage they have done. There are plenty of people out there who lose a lot of information, just because somebody decided to write some dumb little app that destroys their computer. Heck, maybe even somebody found a cure for cancer and a virus wiped it out. These people must learn that the things they create can damage them more than they think. Ok, a couple years ago, where the computer was relatively unused in terms of reasearch/ development and it was incredibly costly to have one in the first place then I would have no problem with the odd virus, maybe even get a laugh out of my own stupidity. But nowadays, everything is on my computer, everything revolves around my computer and a virus could easily ruin everything.

EDIT: Sorry, but to the person using Norton for virus scanning, I would reccommend changing or getting an additional virus scanner. There is plenty of viruses out there that actually seek out Norton's software.
Edited by Wolves (see edit history)