xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zythrix

Moving To The Desert -or- Crappy Roommates

Let me start off by saying, I hate stupid people.If you take offense to that, then you're stupid.Now, allow me to explain to you my situation. I currently live in a 3 bedroom apartment with 5 other people. We'll call them; Tom, Robin, Alex, Steven & Theresa. Tom, his girlfriend (we'll call her Meredith.. and she doesn't live here) & Theresa are the only ones in the apartment on the lease. Theresa, Tom & Meredith were fine with 4 of us being here who weren't on the lease.Now, Steven & Theresa were dating and sharing a room. Robin & I are dating and sharing a room. Alex has the 3rd room and Tom sleeps on the couch. A few days ago, Steven and Theresa broke up. At the moment Steven & Theresa are the only ones with jobs (But Alex, Tom, Robin & Myself all paid rent through July already). Theresa hasn't paid a single bill since she moved in, but expects everybody to bow down before her because her name is on the lease. She's been comfortably letting Steven pay for everything. Because they broke up, and Steven isn't on the lease and under no obligation to stay, Steven is leaving. As a result, Theresa says she's kicking out everyone else who isn't on the lease (even though we've paid through July already) and moving some other people in because Steven won't be here to pay her bills.How nice.Being that 4 of us aren't on the lease, we can't really contest the decision. However, I have already spoken with the other 2 on the lease and the other people Theresa plans to have move in.Tom and Meredith (the other two on the lease) are going to go to the office of the apartment complex and tell them that they refuse to live with Theresa anymore and to be signed off the lease. Now, Theresa can say no to that simply by not agreeing to release them from the lease. However, her life would be made hell by a lot of people if she tries to keep them on the lease.Also, the other people that Theresa wants to move in said, "There is no way in hell I'd live with her.. not with how she treats people".Now, though I take no small amount of pleasure in the knowledge that Theresa is going to get screwed on this as a result of screwing everyone else, it still leaves me with an issue.I have 2 weeks to find a job and a place to live in this town or I get to move to my dad's for a couple months. BUT.. he lives in the desert of Eastern Oregon (I know.. it's not the real desert but I'm used to a nice green cooler valley). I have to move there long enough to save up to get my own place back here.. which could take anywhere from 2-5 months.Allow me to give you a little bit more background on Theresa. Her and Steven had been dating for about 3 months. During the first month, there was some weird arrangement where both Steven and, the bass player for his band, Bob were sleeping with Theresa. During this time Theresa found out she was pregnant with Bob's child (she knew it was his because it was too far along to be Steven's). Bob wanted nothing to do with her or her condition and kicked her out of her apartment. So Theresa hooks up with Steven and moves in with us. Then, down the line we end up moving into this apartment. Theresa gets an abortion. And all of a sudden Bob comes back saying he's changed and he loves her and he regrets breaking up with her. Bob is a woman abuser. He literally beats them and berates them. The only one he's never struck or berated was my girlfriend when he dated her several years ago (which I would kill him for now). One of his ex's is still in therapy because of him and another won't allow Bob to see his child because he's such a piece of [expletive deleted]. Somebody doesn't just change, night to day, when they've been a certain way their whole life. Theresa honestly believes Bob a changed 'man'. But Steven summed it up well when he told her, "You've worked so hard to get this life that you wanted, you deserve everything you get as a result". She'll be crying herself to sleep with Bob any day.Which brings me back to my initial line.. I hate stupid people.As a result of her stupidity, a lot of people are getting screwed over.I hope she's happy. Now, time to go make sure she's unhappy.

Wow! Why do people just do things to people out of anger when they have done nothing wrong. If I were you I would take this awful room mate to small claims court to get your rent if she is kicking you out. There is no reason you should have to take that because after all it is more or less stealing. She should not be punishing you guys because of someone else's idiotic choice. I am glad you are moving out you shouldn't have to deal with people like that.

First off, you're better off not living with someone like that, anyways. Yeah, it does leave you with a bit of a situation as to where else you can live, but in the long run, you're probably a lot better off. As for the stupid people part.. they're only messing themselves up, really. They'll be the ones living by themselves (or with an abusive guy/girl such as "bob"), no friends, some minimun-wage job. The faster you get away from ending up in the same situation, the better off you are. People like that never do change.. you get used to it after you meet so many of them.

yeah living in shared places can be cheaper but brings up problems like this, I moved into a shared apartment a few years ago, always had my share of the bills paid on time, and kept my mess out of the rest of the place (my room was pretty messy but thats my room), now the guy who's name was on the lease and his girl were messy as anything, and constantly left garbage and other junk all over the loungeroom and were especially bad in the kitchen.Now the whole living arrangement was fine for the first 6 months, now the guy on the lease was having problems with his girl and ended up being very annoyed by her at 4am one morning, starts banging on the door of my room yelling at me because I hadnt washed up after dinner (I might add that there was plenty of stuff in the kitchen not washed up that I hadn't used and that half of the kitchen stuff like saucepans were mine anyway and were always dirty on the bench when i needed to use them), now he basically was abusing me because I hadn't cleaned the wok (which was his) and ended up telling me that I would have to move out.It was funny because he ended up kicking out the one person in the apartment who always paid the rent and bills on time, owned all the saucepans, and was neatest in the house, from what I heard they had a very hard time finding someone else to stay there. I also had to move back in with my mum becasue I had nowhere else to go and it took me about 6 months to move into a new place, it was smaller and older but I onlyhad to share it with my girlfriend. Its a lot less stressful living alone like this and even if you end up going back to the desert it will work out better in the long run.hope you don't end up stuck in a situation like that again

Ya, I imagine things will be a lot better after I return from my dad's place. I've already got some places scoped out to move into and I'm only moving in with my girlfriend (that's stress enough! jk). It would be nice to be settled agaian

It sounds like it! At least now you'll be able to live a normal life with your girlfriend. It definently sounds like a good thing that you're away from that other girl. Some people are just like that and in no way should good and normal people have to put up with them. Someday she'll get what's coming for her, and that's when you can laugh about all that she did to you.

Move to the desert. Annoying room mates live up to their name and usually steadily get worse. Living alone is better than living with idiots, I'd imagine.