xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kylelnsn

Website Design And Help

hey peps, i have a little propasal and i need some help from people on this forum, ok i am not shy of html but i want to make a php site well i want it to work in a very specific way, and this is where i call on you all, can some one create me a very basic site that does what i want,i may be making an ebook and webtemplate shop i do not wish to host the files on the site but i will eamil them and people place orders, ok so i would like it to have a front page, with a link to admin page, but in teh admin page i would like the abillity to add ebooks to catagories and an alphebetic list, i want it so i can see how many ebooks, and i would like details like name,type,amount,picture,description and any other realevent info. althouhg i would like the site to be a very bare shell so i can add to it what i wish, i wish for each book to have a link to paypal and so on, i need this because i ahve over 30000 ebooks, lol, so any way if any one can create thsi for me i would be very grateful thanks ever so much, if you need any more info what so ever and if you are going to take the challenge then please psot here!! thanks very much,basically:web frontpage,ebooks pageweb tempaltes pageadmin page, for adding tempaltes and ebooksability to add more pagesand ability to change the themes adding pic and stuff

if you need any more info what so ever and if you are going to take the challenge then please psot here!!

Take the challenge? Are you expecting someone to do the whole thing for you? If you really want to get this done, you want to start investigating the various free PHP shopping carts available. Once you've picked one and made a start, then people might be willing to help out with problems, but if you're after someone to do the whole thing for you, better get your chequebook out.

I personally can't help you but if you really need help I would do what Tyssen suggested and get started yourself and ask for help when needed. There are many tutorials you can use to get started. Try going to http://www.pixel2life.com/ and search for tutorials on how to do some of the things you want. That is a bit of an advanced site to be made for free. You could maybe try to offer people hosting credits or something in order to help you. It would be hard to find someone that would do all that for free.

Building and setting up a website is a tough work and don?t expect that anybody help you at such a point (maybe you?ll find somebody but it?s difficult). You can obtain here a lot of help, answers, tips... but you have to do it yourself. If not, then you?re not going to be able to solve any problem that may happen later and you cannot be depending on others forever.Just try, experiment and follow tutorials... even here in these forums there are lots of problems already solved and tutorials from the most basic thing to professional levels. Good luck.

You're not giving people much of an incentive. Would you build my website for free if I asked you to? Try offering us something, for the knowledge of PHP these days is very valuable. The ones who can make this website for you are worth a lot more than you're offering them, so keep that in mind.

PHP is nothing special over HTML unless u are wanting to make a really involved website. And that sort of project can take even an experienced PHP coder a long time.... so u will have basically no chance of finding someone to make it for u.I suggest sticking with HTML for the mass of your website and then maybe adding some cool little features with PHP.Or visit planetsourcecode.com where u can find snippets for things u might be wanting.