xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Trap17 Own Lan Party! using a freebie called hamachi

I am sure that most of us must have heard of Hamachi. If not, then Hamachi is a free software which is creates a zero configuration virtual private network (VPN) - if I say it in simple terms it creates a virtual LAN in which people can share files, play games, chat with users etc.

I think we must download this software and join Xisto public network..this way users will be able to play games, chat with other users and will be able to do what ever creative things related to network come in mind.

what's your opinion about this and the software itself.

https://www.vpn.net/

For those who are interested I've created the public network for Xisto

Network Name : Xisto
Password : Xisto

Members please suggest few freeware lan games and we can like fix things in this thread....for e.g.

Date : 16-5-2005
Game : Unreal Tournament Demo (he he he- that's what I have)
Time Zone : Indian Standard Time (+5:30)

and this will run for the whole day - dont forget to mention the timezone....(ABOVE IS JUST AN EXAMPLE)

This way we will be able to do the Xisto LanParty :)

it sounds like a good idea mayank but i think it should be restricted, due ot the fact that that its a public folder and you gave the login info people could be loading up nasty stuff and that would look bad on trap. More reasearch should go into this before making it final.

well people cannot load nasty stuff. The reason is that this login info just put people in a group and nothing else. After that it starts to act as a LAN but still the firewalls will help users from various attacks. Also in case we find a member who is running attacks he can be banned straight away from that group.

Awesome, so do I login using my own LAN settings on my computer? How do I do it? Need a little help :) I don't know THAT much about computers. I mean it sounds good, but I don't know if my Firewall is protecting. Yeah it is, so anyway, just need a little help on how to join the group. You do have it up right?

well it is not that difficult wild20.

Simply, download the software and start to use it...in starting itself it will ask you to run the tutorial and that will explain you on how to create or join a network. Even if after that you face a problem just inform over here...I'll be glad to help you.

so do I login using my own LAN settings on my computer?

well, you dont have to put any setting in it...it does it automatically and then assigns an IP too...everything virtual.

Sounds really great! I suggest we should play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Warsow, both free games compatible with both Windows and Linux (Wolfenstein Enemy Territory even on Macintosh)We could also play some HL based mods, seeing HL costs about 15 dollars nowadays.Btw, any link to thest tuturials you are talking about? need them :rolleyes: