xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
barnes

The Akward "going Out" Whats up with this whole Going out thing.

So, these days in my school the big deal is "Going Out" with a certian person. I got caught up in it, I admit, but later on, I stepped back and looked at the stupidity of it.I'm 15. I know this girl I am "going out" with will never be my wife. I know that "going out" with this girl is a big waste of time. I think I am too young to worry about that. I think that I am only young once and doing this "going out" ordeal is just going to make my youth worse. I want to have fun. I'm not saying I like just getting with the random female all the time, but I'm saying that "going out" is pointless. Does anyone else share this mentality? Does anyone else thing this mentality is completly wrong? Discuss.

Haha, well in a way I understand where you're coming from. But part of the fun of going to high school is meeting people that you find an interest in, and how you put it, going out with them. Of course it's not for everyone, and there are others that find it stupid, like you do, but didn't you find it at least a little bit fun? :)Of course, there is no rush to grow up. It probably is better to just wait until you're older to start dating because you won't cause yourself heartbreak or unneeded drama in your life, and college seems to be the time in which you would maybe start looking for a candidate to marry. :D Nothing wrong with experimenting, but nothing wrong with taking your time, either. :)

Edited by Alissa (see edit history)

Interesting to say the least. Because most people i would know of, say that they love each other at 15. I even know some 15/16 year olds that have been engaged. Some people can make relationships work from a young age and others just can't. Myself, well ... I think of it in a way that i like who i like and if i find i like them more then just a friend, then so be it.You'll never know if someone can be a suitable wife/husband until you say 'sample' it before buying it in very unrealistic terms. You don't know what thier personal side is going to be like. etc..

I see most of you are fairly young (14 to 15 years old), and you speak of marriage and things are to come in relatively distant future... It's nice really, but a little early to talk about those things...In your teen years, up until 20 or even 25 years, you should have fun, live your life to the fullest... After that, you should start looking for something serious... I don't deny, there are people that start relationships in early years, and last until the end of their lives, but they are exceptions... Most relationships started in early age (that meaning 14, 15 or 16), that end up in marriage (potentialy with children), fall apart when theyr actors come to age of 30 to 40... The reason is they haven't lived their life to the fullest, never experienced something they now want, and thst's the main reason... And sometimes that love just fades...There's nothig wrong in going out, but there shouldn't be a big deal about it either... I'm the type that never cared about going out with every girl in school, and from neighbourhood... If I found a girl I relly liked, I would become closer with her, and in time, if that liking stays, or intensifies, I would ask her out on a date... Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but the main thing is, that now, with my 25 years of age, I don't regret a single thing I did, and wouldn't change anything if I could go back in past... Not as single thing...And most importantly, I'm ready to start my own family, get married, have a bunch of kids, etc, etc :)My point being, don't get too nervous if you don't like going out with everyone, it's perfectly normal :)

As long as you're having fun, and eventual break-ups don't hurt anyone there's probably no problem. If you think it's pointless perhaps you're just better off being good friends with this girl? If you're not comfortable with it, or can't particuarly see any benefit from the relationship end it before anyone gets hurt. Either way, I guess the best advice is not to be pressured by friends or peers - just like how in younger grades you'd get ridiculed for talking to girls, and later it's vice versa - you get crap for not having a girlfriend.

The point of exclusive dating during high school is basically to get ready for later in life. When you're older you'll probably want to go out with someone and if you did any dating during high school you'll have a little experience. It's not necessary; some would argue that it can be bad. I think that it doesn't really matter if it doesn't become detrimental and it can be pretty fun depending on how well you get along with whomever you're dating.

Well Life is what you make of it. Depending on your outlook of what is happening and what you want / feel inclined to do it can change your character. If you aren't comfortable doing it then decided not to. Of course other people's opinions are important too, but no matter what path you take, whether you don't go out on a date until you're 18 or whether you are a total "ladies man" and they're crowding round you, the sort of girls you make friends with will also change accordingly. And those people who are different probably don't notice either as their friends match their behaviour / feeling about life. I say enjoy it. I am 16 and I am going on my first ever "proper date" this sunday. Heck, I used to have a good friend who was a girl, but I don't really remember much as looking back it was a long time ago, I enjoyed her company whilst it lasted until she moved away. Having spent the last week talking and chatting to this new girl, I feel so happy to have waited till I have found the right person. We share so much and usually I would be so shy, but I am just comfy talking to her. She changes everything and I hope it lasts, even if it doesn't I feel so much fulfilled. Do what you want, when you want. You know when you will be ready and it will shape your future and your overall behaviour so much (probably for the better).