xisto Community
truman69

Psp Going Down Hill?

i have had psp from day 1 but i have not picked it up 4 the last month were are the games and updates i real think its going down hill after gta that was it also not may wifi games the ds has loads anyone feel samePSP BIG LET DOWN

I agree. I never thought that the PSP would be any better than the DS.The funny thing is, on another forum I used to go on, there used to be an ongoing battle poll between the PSP and DS, and they were always level pegging.Oh and by the way, not being nasty but could you please structure your sentences in a way that others can read it. Thankyou.In summary:DS = YesPSP = No

I completely disagree. While I cannot say I am the top authority on the matter (PSP is the only PS I have), DS and PSP are very level in quality. They just both appeal to different audiences. DS to the younger people who like very... original things, and the PSP to a more mature audience that likes their games to look good.I couldn't choose between them, so I got both, and am very happy with that.

Edited by scotty_knows (see edit history)

i also tottaly disagree with the first two comments. I have never put my psp down since i got it. Their have been so many great games that have came out in the last few months and their are still more great ones coming. Also being able to watch movies, play music and have games is just awesome. The graphics are top notch. I would not say it is going down hill at all.

I really still play metal gear acid from time to time on my PSP, but it was kind of a let down since there hasnt been any really great UPDATES. but ima complete sony fan so DS sucks lol. Nintendo has no right to face off with sony lol. But the psp is god for travelling and stuff, not like u will play it wehn u have other games and consoles ot play at ur home. It technically is good for everything else but not at your home. To bad eh. in summary i stick with my PSP!

what sad though is that their are more movies then games for the psp though, but I hate all hand held devices last time I owned one it was the sega game gear I only had 2 games and that was it. Never really bought anymore, plus they are waste of batteries as well, when not connected to a power source as well.

quite the contrary, PSP is getting more and more popular here in Hong Kong. There are more and more magazines teaching people how to make the most of the gaming console, including turning it into a multimedia centre, adding a lot of plugins onto the systems and even using it to browse the Internet through the wireless 802.11 wi-Fi interface (many people have wireless routers here). Gamers can also use a software called X link to connect to gamers around the world through the router and the internet for online games. I can see that it will become more popular in the months to come. I really dont know why it lets you down that much.

I have a DS... and I'm 15... so I just laugh at whoever says that "the DS is for younger people only". Honestly, people who say things like that are ignorant of the fact that people like different things.But I agree with truman. PSP is going down. Like every playstation, hardly anything new comes out, and the Wi-Fi is sweriously underused. And then there's the price... and all the stuff...The only good thing about the PSP is DVD movies. Every single one gets instantly turned into a PSP movie disk the moment it's made. So you can watch your favourite DVD anywhere. But that's one point for the PSP, compared to the DS' 10+ points.But anyway, they're basically the same thing... so who cares?

I think the psp went from a gaming console to a media console... The games really suck but the movies have high quality. You can change and add your own background and also connect to the internet. The DS is better than the psp even if the quality of the graphics isn't. The games for the DS started out bad but after a while they got better and better and now out run the psp by far... I think the DS is coming out with its own internet and also can connect to the cable. There are hacks and hardware you can buy to get the ds to do all of that right now but its not really powerful enough to run any movies, and the cable output is 10-20 fps which is crappy but the internet feature outstips the psp and this is only a 3rd party. Nintendo says that they hired another company to design their internet browser and are paying alot of money so this should be interesting... They might be releasing a ram expansion for the gba port too.

well it is really pushing media right now. But is still really big on games. There movie thing is going downhill as many companys has stopped wanting their movies coming out in umd format. So their are only a few compnays doing this now. The games that have come out lately have been really good i found.

PSP can be great if you use it right. Certian *modifications* can really increase its value...*coughCOUGH*. As long as you didnt upgrade your firmware it can have a great variety of games :) . Anyone not on board yet give up on it. I used mine solidly for 2 months and tried nearly every game. It had its flaws but it was great for a mobile solution. I loved pursuit force and hated need for speed. Also that mech game...meh. If someone stepped in there and made some games made for mobile platforms for the PSP it could be great. I could see a nice RTS port working well or a wi-fi compatable fighter jet game. The DS is kinda...eh...get laughed at by chicks style gaming? Just imo. Ive never had a problem with my PSP but ive heard the DS gets heat in HS. No mobile gaming platform has really 'done it' yet. Im thinking the ynever will. There always too far behind and were all too spoiled. I mean, PSP 5 years ago would be jawdropping.

I have a PSP and so far haven't found a game really that I could play a lot. I play socom a lot on PS2, and was excited when I heard about the PSP Socom. So I beta tested it, and it sucked. One of the main reasons it sucked was that there is only one stick. So in that respect, for that game, it was almost unplayable for me.I was excited when I heard about Metal Gear Acid, until I actually got the game. It was some stupid card game? I thought it was going to be like Metal Gear Solid, but no. I know some people are into that and all but, it just doesn't appeal to me in any way.I'm not trying to bash anyone on liking any games or anything, because to be honest, there are some cool games, yes, but none that are really of my liking. The only one so far that i've played for longer than about 3 days, was GTA. But that got kind of boring after a while too.Just putting in my 2 cents about the topic.I do, however, like the media solutions on the PSP. The picture quality for movies is great, and the sound with music is great. I just need to get more space so I can hold more songs.Gameplay wise, I like the DS more, but Graphics wise I like the PSP more. Media wise, however, the PSP whips the floor clean with the DS.EDIT: Oh yeah, and to respond to the first post, the PSP is definitely not going downhill. In fact, IMHO it is going slightly uphill. I've recently heard of new features that will be implemented in the near future that will make it an even better system.

Edited by WarFact (see edit history)

I suppose that the only bad thing about the PSP is the fact that it has a very little variety of games and a very large variety of movies. I think there are about 10 times more UMD movies than there are PSP games. Why would people bother buying UMD discs when they could just rip their own DVDs home and transfer them to the PSP? Sort of a waste of money, in my humble opinion. On the other hand, the games that are out for the PSP are interesting (i.e. GTA: Liberty City Stories, and SOCOM), but why base a console on just two games? All PSP owners I know only play their PSP for those two games. The DS was a good system, despite being slightly bulky and having a sure-way of destroying your system: the stylus. The DS Lite, however, I must add is a VERY nice upgrade. I'm considering buying it, despite owning a PSP. Nice bright screen, and a great design that matches the iPod and 360.-Alex