xisto Community
AnGeL KiSS

How Do You Stop A Guy From Liking You..

yeah, i have this problem now.. theres this guy i really don't consider any part more than friends. but he asked me out and im like .. wdf (inside didnt say it..) and then hes all tracey you didnt respond.. and stufff.. it happened on GUNBOUND lmao.. :) and now hes IMing me alot... so.. what do you guys think ? :)

do you acutally know the guy in person? Well, if you don't know the guy in real life, just either make a new sn or just ignore him. but incase you do know him in person, then you should just tell him the truth. It's better to tell him now before he wonder off too far into his fantasy and hurt later on. From a guy perspective, i really hate girls who are not straightforward and giving people the wrong impression when they are really trying to say is, "i don't like you". It's really stupid and makes us guys feel like a fool afterwards. In most casse, we are not heart broken, but our pride are shattered into pieces.

I agree with DogEater majorly on the honesty thing. Girls seem to play, the ohh, be honest always with me all the time, then decide to dodge around or striaght liar when it comes to them.Its the same with Guys, we expect it, then don't do it. But if you really don't want to tell him, give hima reason not to want you anymore. Simple enough hey, keep dreaming... Good Luck.

It's tough though- when you know the guy in person, I mean. There's this don't hurt the poor guy's feelings switch in a nice girl's brain that goes on when a guy asks us out. :)

Let me tell you though, as DogEater said, it will save a guy a lot of trouble if you can just say "no. I am not interested." instead of having him stew there and wonder. AND it will save you a whole lot of trouble as well. You're going to have to do this a whole lot of times in your life, and it'll really take a lot of stress out of your life if you can learn to nip these things in the bud.

It's tough though- when you know the guy in person, I mean. There's this don't hurt the poor guy's feelings switch in a nice girl's brain that goes on when a guy asks us out. :)

Let me tell you though, as DogEater said, it will save a guy a lot of trouble if you can just say "no. I am not interested." instead of having him stew there and wonder. AND it will save you a whole lot of trouble as well. You're going to have to do this a whole lot of times in your life, and it'll really take a lot of stress out of your life if you can learn to nip these things in the bud.

I do know what to do. He's just a friend and nothing more to me... but I did think about saying 'i dont even like you.' He's more of a really playful and kidding person, maybe he'll get through it. I know what to say now, thanks. :)

last bit of advice, no matter how normal he trys to act, he will most likely hurts inside. Just don't try to comfort because it will make him more pitiful. Act normaly and try to recover the orignal friend, but keep it mind that it might never be the same as before.

I have a friend who is stuck in a similar situation. I agree with the others. Just be totally honest with him; it'll save you both a lot of trouble. Be nice about it though, of course.Good luck with him.

Never tell a guy "I only like you as a friend". If the Guy likes or is in love with you, tell him whats really up. This situation has happened to me and I would have rather had the girl say something more like"Im in love with a guy and he loves me so tough for you". See you as well as all girls should be more direct and another thing dont just ingnore the situation and keep silent. Silence never solves anything!!!

Never tell a guy "I only like you as a friend".

I prefer that over the old "we are too good of friends..." or "I don't know you enough..." Thats what I get. :)

The fact that he did it over Gunbound is more then enough reason to say no. If hes not man enough to do it in person.

Umm just tell him no. How hard can that be. It is a one syllable word. "No" So just say it. I do not understand how hard it is to tell a guy no. I can tell a girl no and not loose a minute of sleep over it. :) But I guess that is just me.

You can't stop a guy from liking you, but you can stop from dating/going out with him.You can just simply say that you always thought of him as a friend and nothing more and would like it to stay that way (that is if you know him in real life). He would probably be hurt, without showing it though. So you shouldn't bring up the subject, if he even decideds to stay friends with you. He'll probably act all different towards you, so the friendship most likely will be gone. :) I hate it when things happen like this.

he is going to be messed up if you tell him that you tell him like a moth aafterwards. I found my ways around these kind of situations when I was 12 and for 2 years it has worked like a charm. If I ask a girl out or give her a sign that i have my eye on her and she doesn't respond in 2 weeks then i will stop thinking of her. Even though i still like her it is apperant that she doesn't like me or if she does she doesn't like me enough to give me a sign back. The way i though of this is when in 7th grade i liked a girl so i asked her out and she said maybe and im the meantime i was still talking to her and i really thouhgt that she liked me so a month later i asked her if she wanted to go out and she gave a rock cold NO. So for a month i was thinking about her and how i was gonna be with her and now she sais no. All though 7th grade i stayed away from dating because i didn't want that to happen again. In 8th grade i came up wit the 2 week rule and have gone on many dates with that rule and am never hurt like i was 2 years ago. So you are really going to hurt this guy now. I suggest that you tell him that you will go out but not as lovers but as friends and go out bowling a fun game should smoth things up.

Well you really can't stop someone from liking you.Just tell this person you don't like them that way and tell him its best to get over his crush and move on.For instance I had this guy that was really into me and I told him I didnot like him that way.I told him in a way that would not hurt his feelings.I was upfront and honest.But he took as I was being mean to him and I was staying over at a friends house and him and some friends of his shot up my friends house because I would not go out with him.Guys can be so obsessed with a girl that they end up doing stupid things.Thank God no one was hurt in the this incident.But please be careful.

Okay this is going to sound really mean, but I've found the best method is just completely ignoring him (if he wasn't/isn't a friend that is) I went out with this guy that I thought I liked but on our first date I found that his voice completely grated on my nerves. He really annoyed me. So I ignored him. He tried to talk to me on msn and I answered, but kept my replies short and made it obvious that I wasn't really that interested in what he had to say. And when he bumped into me at college I'd say that I had to be somewhere and that I couldn't chat. It carried on for a while like that but now I think he's got the picture and hasn't tried to talk to me. A bit harsh, I know, but I think it works fior a guy that you don't want to be friends with after.