xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blue Lightning

My First Experince Of What Happens When You Say Something Nerdy. At high school

On my first day at high school I was really lost, I became freinds with this falla called ben, we were talking about random stuff, then I said something nerdy (i like computers to be exact), all of a sudden this random year 11 (meaning they are 16) starts punching me in the stomach, and ben is like :) .(wow that emoticon shows EXACTLY the look on his face)Has something similar like this ever happend to you?

Edited by Blue Lightning (see edit history)

Huh? Liking computer stuff isn't nerdy lol..I like computer stuff though being a girl..People of my college do encourage me with it.

That kind of happened to me. I was with one of my friends and we were talking about TFC in the hallway (Team Fortress Classic, best PC game ever) and then I said something about spies in the game and how awesome they were and one of the top school bullies was coming right past when I said that. He suddenly rammed into me. I went flying back towards the lockers. Then he spun towards me, shoved me up against the lockers, and slammed his fist into my stomach three times. I doubled over at each. Then he grabbed me and hurled me into the lockers on the other side of the room. I went crashing to the floor... Then he picked me up again, pulled me towards the nearest lockers, slammed my head into it two times. Then I staggered backwards, I was so dizzy, so he put his foot behind me and I tripped over it and went toppling over. He stood over me and laughedYeah. I had bruises the size of grapefuits the next day, but I was okay. The dude taught me never to say anything stupid like "the spies are awesome!"

On my first day at high school I was really lost, I became freinds with this falla called ben, we were talking about random stuff, then I said something nerdy (i like computers to be exact), all of a sudden this random year 11 (meaning they are 16) starts punching me in the stomach, and ben is like :) .(wow that emoticon shows EXACTLY the look on his face)Has something similar like this ever happend to you?

wow that really makes no sence they came out of nowhere :) wheird but why would they jump someone because they want computers to be exact weird. again are you serious i go to one of the "badest" school in my county and kids talk about computers even "nerdier" stuff than that. are you shure it waz because of that cause it makes no sence.
oh and you know that a lot of upper classmen just make a habit of picking on uder classmens right. where do you go to school anywayz?

That kind of thing sought of happened to me (it was mostly my mate's fault) Once apon a time...I was at school, talking to my friends, when suddenly one of my friends who plays CS and is in my clan showed up. The previous night we had had a war, and won, so my friend was quite excited. He then decided to start talking to me about it, and cs in general, right in front of my other friends. I tried to shush him up, by he just kept talking, making look like nerds infront of all my friends. He also likes to talk about WOW, which i don't even play, right infront of my friends. It is quite embarissing :D Atleast i didn't get punched by a year 11 kid on my first day :P I feel sorry for you. How the heck did he even hear u? Was he eves dropping on your conversation or something?

My school is pretty okay with things like that, theres a photoshop club and everything. People don't punch people for being nerds, but its a pretty common word to insult someone with.When I was younger, though, I guess I was sort of shameless. I would read non-stop in front of everyone and talk about games. 5th grade I probably started getting a little more embarrassed because I had just stopped playing Neopets.... but I grew out of that. I had an MMORPG phase too, but I don't play anymore.Sometimes people totally abuse the term nerd and use it when someone works really hard. That, I think, is really unfair because it is someones choice how hard they want to work. I do think it's unfair to tell on other kids who don't want to work/learn: it's their choice. Adults have the right to step in but peers don't. Peers are your equals and they shouldn't act like bosses.

Edited by lilemi (see edit history)