xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
skullz

Goths

Right, I just wanna voice my opinion soooo much on this topic. Im a goth right and the one and only in the town I live in. People are so small minded because I get called Devil Worishper and Saitanist(then again I do wear the upside down crossses. . ). . .. I mean come on !!! Yeah goths are supposed to be about death an darkness but Im not always depressed and the whole lot and not all goths are. Walk down the street and a group of 10 year olds give me the eye. adults even look at me as if Im goona lash out. . . . .People at school laugh at me. . . . . .I dont really care but if you hate goths you are very small minded . . . goths can make the nicest people. . . .any1 else have to deal with this???

Right, I just wanna voice my opinion soooo much on this topic. Im a goth right and the one and only in the town I live in. People are so small minded because I get called Devil Worishper and Saitanist(then again I do wear the upside down crossses. . ). . .. I mean come on !!! Yeah goths are supposed to be about death an darkness but Im not always depressed and the whole lot and not all goths are. Walk down the street and a group of 10 year olds give me the eye. adults even look at me as if Im goona lash out. . . . .People at school laugh at me. . . . . .I dont really care but if you hate goths you are very small minded . . . goths can make the nicest people. . . .any1 else have to deal with this???

i dont...but then again i wouldnt wear a upside down cross,simply because i think its sad....

Goth is just another state of mind, like punk was. I mean we all have stereotypes associated with us. Me for instance, I have been labeled a Geek. I don't care, because I am. But I do not negativity by the way I dress or my attitude. There is a certain stigma with being Goth, and yes you will get those looks. But once again, ask yourself, why are you goth? I mean are you goth because it's cool and different, or are you goth because you have all those feelings and want to wear clothes that are associated with being goth. I mean an upside down cross, is associated with satan worshiping. Therefore people will call you that. I mean if I had a pocket protector because it was agreat place to keep my glasses and pens, people would call me a Nerd as soon as they saw me. First impressions are lasting impressions. And they will last a lifetime. So consider your future.

i'm not personally a goth, but one of my best friends is goth and i like him a lot.Being a goth it's really a state of mind. And if you like it be it... don't care with what other persons think about it. be yourself. that's what i think :)I have many particullar stereotypes associated lol some may say i'm a geek, others that i'm goth (because i love black :D), other's that i'm a spoil brat, others a metrossexual, others a tecnossexual... i am what i am, not a style or a line of thought, but multiple :) so i simply don't care :Dso if you like being a goth, be that way. don't care with other people say or think. at least that made your stronger and brighter didn't it? :Dcheers

Edited by sasuki (see edit history)

I personally have no experience with such a problem as this, admittedly I was never one of the cool people at school (wouldn't want to be either) so I have some experience with the whole looks thing, the thing with me is I tend to look 'normal' but really I'm not in to all of that. Some of my friends get called though (they at least look like what most would call skaters). Anyway the way I see it is that you can either just ignore them (the smart thing to do) or you can fight back (which kind of gives them a reason to think Goths are 'evil'). Anyway I know this cliched but the most important thing is what you think about your self, and how those who know you view you, at the end of the day if some random guy (who is probably alot more likely to cause trouble than yoursef) has a problem then its his problem. Oh and by the way I would like to back up your statement that Goths can be among the nicest people you could meet (although I think that about anyone until they have proven otherwise regardless of the social group they fall into)

off topic but yey 500th post

Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)

I am not a goth but I think the black think is cool.I love black. Sorry about that. People do find goths wierd for some reason but I just find you and other goths normal. THats wat everyone is...Normal(in my world atleast)

If you're going to be a goth, but still be a kind decent person (I nknow someone personally like this), then why dint you dress like a normal person? Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against goths, it's just I dont get why anyone would want to dress like that.

I agree that goths do suffer a reputation that they really do not deserve. There is a kid at my school who I am kind of friends with who is gothic and he's pretty cool. Goths are normal people more or less they just have a different outlook on life and there is nothing wrong with that. Open your minds people!

there are tons of goths at my school, and noone has any problems with them...except the people who hate gay people, because most of them are goth because they have such a down life because they were bi or gay and noone would accept them how they were... but goths are fun, and funny atleast at my school, they get super excited when i come over andhang out with them etc just because they are not used to having a straight guy around them >_< but i dont have to deal with it, and most of the people at my school dont, and i dont see why anyone else should have to deal with that just because they choose to be different than other people around them.

i've had many goth friends and i actually like the way they look, i find people that wear the latest fashions (one example is the people that all started wearing von dutch clothing for a few months and must have spent heaps of money on it but then threw it away when it wasn't cool anymore), those people tell more about themselves by what they wear than anyone else and are usually the ones who aare most likely to avoid goths, punks and geeks. Ahh well, we all know they're missing out on meeting some of the nicest people around. sucks to be them

As most of us have said and stuff there is no problem with being Goth or anything like that. I do however have a problem with the EMO (emmo) kids that cut there wrists and arms and beat the crap out of themselves because they are depressed and stuff. Whats the point with that? I mean its so stupid, yeah beat your self so you (whats the purpose)?But its like anything else, we have some kids at our school that are totally :D and they are perfectly fine with it, and I don't care. IF you don't bother me about it, I will leave you to do your own thing and stuff. But its like most other American sterotypes, if someone does not look like us or close to the sterotype then... we are all going to stare and look at them funny and stuff. :) But what about stuff in the UK and Europe? Do you guys have any Goths or really :) type of people? And whats the main sterotype over there? ...(Hope that made sense and stuff)

I know some goth/punky people who are really cool. I have nothing against them. But like a few people up there said, when you choose what you are, you choose what a lot of other people think of you. It's not right that people stereotype others that they feel are different but sadly, it's the way it is, and everyone's got to get used to it, no matter what label they fall under. There's always someone who's going to look at someone else differently.

I don't have a problem with all goths, some of them really get on my nerves and I hate being around, but they're not ALL that bad. And I can't stand it when people judge every one of them based off how some of them are, it's no better than racism IMO.In fact, my cousin Sara used to be goth, and she was still fine to hang out with. Course, then she was punk, then she was this, then she was that...but still.