xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kylelnsn

Fan Controller wiring in my brand new fan contoller?

hey all thanks for a great hosting service and a great forum so i put this question to you all hoping that some one know what im talking about and know what to do?basically i have just purchased a brand new fan controller form ebay to take a hold of the 3 fans in my pc case, i orderd it a week ago and finally today it arrived, i was very excited and i broke into the packaging right away all excited still i opened my pc and installed it when to plug my fans in and DOH it takes 3 pin fans???and all the fans in my pc are 4 pin molex!!!so basically can anyone help me wire my 4 pin fans into 3 pin connectors or would you advise me to buy adaptors os something!thanks everyone KYLE

you can wire it yourself if you have some extra 3 ppins lying around and a solder gun/wand. If you dont have some extra 3 pins then I would suggest buyiong some addapters from newegg, they should ship pretty fast and you wont find a cheaper price anywhere else. actually I would suggest buying the splitter because if you try to do it yourself then you will most likely miss-align a 12v line with a 5 volt line and fry something, if you think you can do it go for it, but I would deffinently go for some splitters, or some new fans.

thanks no worrys i priced it all up adnd i can see that i might as well buy some new fans, because mine are a year oldand need replacing, i live in the uk and i dont think newegg ship to the uk?? or do they??? any ways im just gonna buy some new fans and be doen with it, thanks for the help slow in replying but who cares, see yas