xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electron

Microsoft And Yahoo! Coming Closer

Hi, I dont know any link to the news articles but this has been my observations over the past few months.Recently Ebay had made some approached the two to Rival Google Inc.Then Also I have read that Microsoft is to acquire some stake in Yahoo! Inc.What do you think of this new chemistry between the two Giants ?Could it be possible these two come together just to Rival Google.Is Google Really such a pain in their Neck.Will MS and Y! team up ???? :)

Could you provide us with some links? Anyway, I don't think that's far from happening. Microsoft and Yahoo! are having a harder time grasping the people's attention from Google. Google is just offering more than it was made for originally. No one ever imagined that this innocent and simple search engine would unleash a myriad of services under its sleeves. It depends though... on how desperate those two companies are. Let's observe them for a while before we can come to conclusions.

I doubt that both Yahoo! and Microsoft combined will be able to defeat Google. Microsoft is already too friggin big to do anything good, adding more people won't help.

I think with the combined forces of Microsoft and Yahoo they ahve the technoligy, the money etcetera to beat Google, the only thing Google has and company's like Microsoft and Yahoo don't have is the unique power to shape innovation withoud getting in the way of the users resources like their wallet and computer stats!

I seriously doubt that Microsoft and Yahoo will not team up, they are two very independent successfl companies and I dont hink they want to go through the trouble to share that success.But it is a possiblility. I personally would like to see them team up.

If they truly joined forces. I think it would be evident to everyone that they're trying to surpass Google. There's no room for denial there. Well if its something pertaining to Google's products. I don't know. I have a feeling Google people are smarter than yahoo and Microsoft combined. Hahaha. its just a feeling. I may be wrong. Then Yahoo and Microsoft charge for their services. People need free things not paid subscriptions and what not. If google enters the computer business. It will truly be a war. lol.

well i don't think that yahoo and microsoft will make any attempt to come together.as said earlier they both are independent and successfull companies. They themselves have got some reputation.Wont like to share their success after ruling for about 10 years on internet world.And talking about google.. I don't think they need to care about this. Since i belive they would surely give us some better service than microsoft and yahoo together would give :)

I don't know if MS and Yahoo! will ever team up (I kinda doubt it), but all I know is that I hope some day a giant Apple robot kills them all.

well some of you all may not be seeing but yahoo and microsoft have been teaming up on some things there mail are almost the same. If you go on the Yahoo site it sometimes says that it is best viewed in IE 7 and it also says about the new live.com search which i find to be more organized that google some of you all may not believe it but go to live.com and you will see for yourself and there messengers can make yim users to talk to live messenger users. They are teaming up but just doing in small things for now. Yahoo could have picked aim or even icq but they picked live messenger.

Can't really say whether that Yahoo and Microsoft would team up to compete with Google, but the two companies seem to collaborating well (like the search bar for IE 7). ....and of course, who knows what Apple might come up with next

Edited by shigajet (see edit history)