xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Playstation 3 News Price Tag Update Specs and more

Well It Official at this years E3 Sony reaveal hopefully the last updates to the Specs of PS3.

Sony suprised E3 attendees when it fully unveiled its launch plans and pricing details. Check out the full list of announcements here.
The PlayStation 3 will launch in Japan on 11 November, and in North America, Europe and Australisia six days later on 17 November.

There will be two bundles (or 'configs' as they called them): a 20GB version and a 60GB version. However, the differences go far deeper than that.

The 20GB config does not feature any HDMI ports. It does not support WiFi, and there is no card reader for Memory Stick, Compact Flash and SD. It has four USB ports and one ethernet port (instead of the six USB ports and three ethernet ports shown last year).

The 60GB config has one HDMI port (instead of the two shown last year), it supports WiFi and has a card reader, and also features the four USB ports and one ethernet port.

Sony plans to have 2 million units available at launch, followed by another 2 million by Christmas, and a total of 6 million by March 2007.

Pricing

In Japan, the 20GB config will sell for 59800 yen, but the 60GB config will have an open price (retailers decide).

In North America, the 20GB edition will cost $499, whilst the 60GB edition will cost $599. In both cases, you'll need to add tax (if applicable).

In Europe, the 20GB version will cost 499, and the 60GB version will cost 599.

I just got the xbox 360. And I know I am def gonna have to get the ps3. I am a big console collector. Technology is amazing, and i cant wait to see what the ps3 looks like.

it looks like the ps3 is gonna be really good. But it really suck that the 20 gb is missing tons of stuff. Like they could have put the card reader and wifi on the 20 gb. It wouldnt really do anything to themm by adding it. But most people will probally just go for the 60 gb becuase you get 40 gb just for $100. But it looks like the ps3 is really shaping up nicely. I cant wait to see what it can do when it comes out.

Looks bloody expensive, though the upcoming games list looks rather promising. I hope there wont be big delays in Gran Turismo HD, or Metal Gear Solid 4... some big titles on launch would be awesome. This is also considering Microsoft will launch Halo 3 on the Playstation 3's launch date - so some good flagship titles had better come along with that. Last I remember, the Playstation 2 really only had Tekken Tag and SSX which I was interested in at launch (and incidentally TTT wasn't all that great, SSX was fairly good, so a rather average launch list, in my opinion).I still don't get whats with these different priced console packages that MS and Sony have both released. Basically if you buy the lower package you miss out on a hell of a lot, and it's probably a cheap way for them to advertise at a much lower price.

I might just by the system and then wait for hte big games to come out of course nothing hasn't been mentioned about the price tag for the games either I have a feeling though they wil be $60 a pop.

I heard that the ps3 is going to be around $600 because sony wants to incorporate some new technology called blue ray (?) it is supposedly the next generation DVD, or something like that... $600??? thats WAY overpricing it, i would rather get an xbox 360 with 5 games or something than one stupid console.

I might just by the system and then wait for hte big games to come out of course nothing hasn't been mentioned about the price tag for the games either I have a feeling though they wil be $60 a pop.

Most likely they will be at least the price of the current new release Xbox 360 games, if not a little more. I would be very suprised if they did go lower than US$60 to start with :)

I rmember the price tag for the system being at $900 for the system, But yeah I'm with you I would be surprised if they did stay at the $50-$55 area. But of course I'm getting older and should stop playing games less but what thell i keep Playing until my hands fall off, even my kids (when that days comes).

Jebus. That's so high, but completely expected. I just saw screens of Tekken 6 for PS3, and it didn't look amazing but of course it was FAR from done. The facial expressions were amazing though. I passed on XBOX360 so I can buy PS3. Hope I'm making a smart move.

I will be gteting the PS3, yeah! yeah! and Metal Gear Solid 4 will be the first game i reserve for that baby and buy. The price tag means nothing to me lol. When it comes to hellagames like that. So how good is the blue tooth compatibility!? i heard is fricking awesome how about you guys?