xisto Community
lovelylady345

What Do You Think Of Global Warming intellectual

Im look at Global warming two ways. First is its not going to happen in my lifetime why should i care. But on the other hand. What about my ancestor's? Are they all gonna be wiped out because we cant be bothered to look after the enviroment.

Actually, it IS happening right NOW, which is definitely in your life time (unless you're no longer alive when I'm typing this reply...) We have seen the affects of Global Warming: Look at the friggin Hurricanes! More heat = More [bad] Weather. Weather is mostly made up of convection cells, and other things similar to that, which equalize the heat on the surface of the Earth. The more heat there is, the more extreme the weather will be as there will be more of a force driving it. We are seeing Global Warming's effects already, and they will simply get WORSE as we age, unless we put a stop to it now.

Well some people think that global warming is actually a good thing. Scienists believe that the ice age might start again for earth, so global warming may actually reverse that effect. It might be a little fast, but it works, at least thats what some people think. Me, personally I believe that this theory is bs. I mean global warming is global warming its melting the ice caps and killing of the polar bears, we should do everything in our power to prevent this

That's BS. Too many scientists in the world disagree for that to be true. Impossible.

Domenici Says No Global Warming Legislation This Session
Congress Daily PM (subscription only), March 6, 2006
Senate Energy and Natural Resources Chairman Domenici said today climate change legislation will not come out of his committee this year. Domenici said he and Energy and Natural Resources ranking member Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M., are negotiating a bill that would require reductions in greenhouse gas emissions, but the two are "nowhere close to a way to do that," he said, adding, "Frankly, I don't know how to write it, and I don't think anybody does." Lawmakers are divided over whether a climate change bill should include regulation of carbon dioxide, along with other pollutants. The committee will hold a climate change forum April 4 to hear experts on the issue, but it is not likely to result in legislation. "There will be no climate change legislation coming out of my committee this year," Domenici told reporters.

Domenici also said he does not think Congress will pass legislation this year intended to expedite a nuclear waste repository at Nevada's Yucca Mountain. The Energy Department is expected to present Congress with a legislative package designed to get the stalled project moving, but the release of this plan has been delayed. Domenici said the committee could move a bill to reduce domestic oil consumption. The Energy and Natural Resources Committee today held the first of three hearings on energy independence and security, which are designed to identify "five or six or seven major ideas that would truly be helpful" in the next couple of years and could possibly be rolled into energy legislation this year, Domenici said. "We haven't decided yet. At this point we do not have a bill planned," he said. Domenici said he was surprised that all four witnesses at today's hearing agreed that research is needed to promote the development of ethanol from agricultural waste, or cellulosic ethanol. The witnesses agreed "this was the quickest way to convert [from] using gasoline used from crude oil" to alternative sources, Domenici said. He said new legislation is not needed to promote cellulosic ethanol, just research funding.

http://www.globalwarming.org/

I agree, it's a cycle. Our alternatives also don't look so great either, why don't we all just stop burning fossil feuls, and why don't we all just stop our lives while we're at it, too. If we start slowly however, like with hybrid cars, then I think we can control the problem. And anyway, how long will humans stay on the earth anyway? 95% of all species have died out, aren't we next?I'm not worrying much about global warming, I'll be long dead before anyone feels any of the effects, and as just a mere citizen there is really nothing I can do and nothing I have time to do. As simple as that.

leeleelee, please quote your post.

I agree, it's a cycle. Our alternatives also don't look so great either, why don't we all just stop burning fossil feuls, and why don't we all just stop our lives while we're at it, too. If we start slowly however, like with hybrid cars, then I think we can control the problem. And anyway, how long will humans stay on the earth anyway? 95% of all species have died out, aren't we next?

I'm not worrying much about global warming, I'll be long dead before anyone feels any of the effects, and as just a mere citizen there is really nothing I can do and nothing I have time to do. As simple as that.

I also agree that it is a cycle, or it is forming a cycle (as in it will eventually fix itself if we let it get to far). But I think that we (as human beings) have the ability to stop it from getting too much worse.

We will stop burning fossil fuels suddenly if we don't start reducing the amount we are using RIGHT NOW, or else we will all of a sudden run out of fuels and lots of chaotic things will occur all at once for EVERYONE.

Though 95% of all species may have died out, and we very well might be next, were all of the other species AWARE of the fact that 95% of them died out? We have much more of a chance of survival with our thinking capacity than the others. Why are we condemning ourselves to extinction by destroying our mostly functional ecosystem? You need to worry about Global Warming now, as we are allready experiencing the affects of it (see my previous post)! IT's just going to get worse, and the rate at which it gets worse will increase as its affects take place (Less ice caps = less "cold" coming from them = more heat just from that, not to mention the warming that occurs from global warming alone).

Global warming is a problem, but its a widespread problem and its darn near impossible to get EVERYONE to listen. there will always be a group of people who dont like the ideas of others. think about it.were all going to die one day, and its more then likely going to be from something we inflicted upon ourselfes

i think it's our guilt, every day we trash the garbage, use our cars, only buying products that consumes several natural resources we are killing our planet, this is our problem and we have to do something.

but listen well, there is one country that is the most guilty of this planet, and you know of what country i'm talking about, and it's name is:

United States Of America.

guilty.

you are the 40% of our planet garbage and contamination!.

i think you are sick! and your president is the most sick of all, in heart and mind!, and i better shut up or they will ban me.

I think Global warming has been around longer than we have. I do not think there is a problem, just a cycle. I believe that this will all come around full circle eventually.Yes the stuff we have today does effect it, but I do not believe that. If so, than our time here with the pollutants that we put into the air, are nothign compared to what has been put into it from the past such as volcanic ash and other celestial disruptions.

Well do you want it to go in a full cycle? The average tempature is rising FASTER, much fater then it did the first time. And the volcanoes in the ocean will go off in about 10 years if it heats up at the same rate and cause everyting to go off.

Is it a problem? Well it is. No one can say it isnt unless they really are just ignorant. The fossil fules create clouds that block the heat so the Earth dosnt heat up. On 9/11/01 when the downed all the planes the average heat went up a whole degree. Now that dosnt sound like much but its usually dosnt change that much ever. If we were to just stop all the fossil fules making are Earth WOULD heat up. So im not sure how they are going to ever fix this, but we have about 10 years and then there is no going back. The Earth will be unsavable because the heat will have increased to much to save. This dose not mean that the Earth is gone in 10 years it means that there is no saving the Earth after those 10 years and nature will be in charge.

I saw this on Nova or Frontline can't remember, but it's very interesting. I might be wrong on a few things because i watched it well over a month ago, but i was pretty close. Did anyone else see this?
Edited by BooZker (see edit history)