xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Trap17 Forum Board Version Upgraded to 2.1.6

That's IPS for ya... always patching and updating and evverything, and in the end just annoying all of their customers.I personally think that IPB is pretty much comparable to Microsoft - they both use the same strategy (get things up quickly and then start releasing loads of patches :) ). And just when you think everything is sorted...

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Ok...its been like 1 week, and I know that the admins are busy and stuff. But when is the report button going to be fix. If you need to install that mod, I can do it, just give me temp access and it will be done in like 5-8 minutes. It took me 6 mins on my site, to get the thing totally config'ed to my settings and manual skin edits and all.Anyways, what else is down for the moment?

With IPB having released another update, it has been reccomended that no further progress will be made until we have got the new update to work. Whatever it may be.I'm assuming that this is what OpaQue is doing... so I wouldn't ask about getting new stuff up just yet...

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Just wanted to know if we were going to upgrade to IPB 2.1.7, personally I think it would do use some good, because it has a virus scanner built in, and protects from SQL injections and malicious stuff.Read the IPB information for more of what the specifics do, but it would really come in handy. The only problem is we would have to fix all the mods and rewrite the scripts I'm guessing. :|