xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michaelper22

No Addon Domains

I currently have one addon domain in use. If I look in cPanel, I don't see any addon domains listed in the Addon domains page, even though I really have one. My account's main domain is nyceducated.info, and my addon domain is mesivtaofroslyn.info. Why isn't mesivtaofroslyn.info showing up as an addon domain?

It's under the folder starts with "r"? The sub-domain for that does not exist. Was this add-on domain sub-directory renamed after created?Anyway, before it goes too late backup the directory. Delete the "r" directory and re-add the domain to create it once more. Then, upload/extract backed up files for the original contents.

garbage,

Please stay on the topic. This thread was to inquire about missing addon domain name.

For your question please read http://forums.xisto.com/topic/21909-trap17com-subdomain-add-parked-domain-is-this-possible-allowed/ fully and make your question there for more.

But to answer your question, it's totally up to you. If you park your domain, you can access your hosting two ways: yourdomain.whatever or subdomain.trap17.com. If you change your hosting to your domain name, there's only one way to access your hosting. Either way, it will work perfectly. Parking your domain is usually practiced with multiple domain names, i.e. site.com, site.net, site.org...etc to point to one hosting. But there's nothing wrong with parking your domain name to your subdomain of Xisto.

Addon is great for having individual access to each domain name tied to your hosting. For example, you can have different login and password for domain1 and domain2 when you use addon domain feature. But remember that only one cpanel per hosting account unless you share your login and password.

For more information please check the above link and inquire there.

It's under the folder starts with "r"? The sub-domain for that does not exist. Was this add-on domain sub-directory renamed after created?
Anyway, before it goes too late backup the directory. Delete the "r" directory and re-add the domain to create it once more. Then, upload/extract backed up files for the original contents.

I added an addon domain to my account, and now it just doesn't show up.
The thing with this is that I added the addon domain a long time ago (a few months ago), and it should show up. I went to add another addon domain recently, and I didn't notice the one that I had setup before. The domain (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) still functions normally when accessed, but the listing for it just doesn't show up in cPanel.
Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

Yes I noticed that. That's why I suggested to backup the files and recreate it again. The addon domain and ftp information is missing. For reasons unknown to me at this time, the important thing to do is to back up the folder, delete the folder from your hosting and recreate (readd) the domain again.