xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
no9t9

Google Indexing Php Pages? Is PHP a problem for google?

I have been looking around on different forums to try and figure out if Google has a problem with PHP pages. Obviously they index them because they come up in searches, but does it take google longer to index these sites? Also does Google not scan as deep on PHP sites?Just want to try and figure this out so I know if I should use php for making websites.

A search engine submitter program with a meta tag generator inside it would be great. Check out signposter 2004. search it at google.

Thanks for the info. I found that session ID's and googlebot and most people seem to agree that googlebot doesn't like them.

So far, I've also found that googlebot seems to be ok with php if it does not have a query string. It will still work with short query strings but googlebot absolutely hates long ones. If this is the case, what is an alternative way to pass variables in PHP?

A search engine submitter program with a meta tag generator inside it would be great. Check out signposter 2004. search it at google.

karlo, thanks for the info. But, that software is not free... I am a poor (and cheap) guy! heh... What do you know about google and meta tags? I have read that meta tags aren't that important in a google ranking.

Thanks for the info.  I found that session ID's and googlebot and most people seem to agree that googlebot doesn't like them.
So far, I've also found that googlebot seems to be ok with php if it does not have a query string.  It will still work with short query strings but googlebot absolutely hates long ones.  If this is the case, what is an alternative way to pass variables in PHP?

there are ways to disable sessions IDs when googlebot indexes php pages. a script
can be included to detect googlebot and other search indexer bots, then it will allow
to crawl your pages without session IDs. haven't tried this though, but there are
scripts prepared by others in other forums. just google for it. :)

or try this
to make search-engine friendly URLs.

:D

What do you know about google and meta tags? I have read that meta tags aren't that important in a google ranking.

i think that meta tags arent meant for google ranking. It's just the instructions that the crawler will follow. But google doent follow meta tag now (?) .. my page is listed in google with different description from my meta tag.

And my whole website is build of php .. n i found that it takes forever for googlebot to index all of it .. only my root is indexed... does php really takes longer to be indexed ?

i think that meta tags arent meant for google ranking. It's just the instructions that the crawler will follow. But google doent follow meta tag now (?) .. my page is listed in google with different description from my meta tag.
And my whole website is build of php .. n i found that it takes forever for googlebot to index all of it .. only my root is indexed... does php really takes longer to be indexed ?

metatagging is part and parcel of site engine optimization. even for google. it just so
happens that search engines have different search indexing algorithms, so ranking will
vary greatly from search engine to search engine.

but even if that's the case, google is not the only search engine. metatags will at least
make a site optimized for other search engines. my page hits from search engines
come from a multitude of search engines/directories like yahoo, google, msn, lycos,
and other minor search engines.

on php and google, go to the links provided above to read on session IDs, and how
to optimize php pages for googlebot. indexing by google will mostly depend on how
you meta tagged your pages...

example from Xisto source code: <meta name="revisit-after" content="2 days">

... and on other sites which link to you (because when your site is listed on other
sites, and gets indexed by googlebot, it proceeds to index your site as well, and so
on and so forth).

So far, I haven't used session ID's so that isn't a big problem for me right now. Google only indexed my index page (which is a frames page) and it took another 2 weeks to index my main page.

I went through some of the material you guys suggested and one thing I did was convert all my query strings to search engine friendly url's .

Now my url's are of the fasion http://xx.com/load/main.php/id/123456

I also added the meta tag revisit and index follow. I hope all this stuff helps. I my ranking in yahoo is pretty good (first page on most related search terms) but in google, I am not even on the map.

Oh, and my site is at civicsir.info in case you guys wanted to check it out.