xisto Community
LeeSUHH

What Is 420?

MY BIRTHDAY!! hahabut it really is....basically i never knew that on april 20th was the time when people smoked. when first hearing that i was relly curious as to why and i just tried to look it up and found out thatnobody exactly really knows why april 20th is the national "marijuana" day.Here are some theories.they said that back in the days, that "420" was the code for cops when troubling upon marijuana.that there are approximately 420 chemicals in marijuanaand because its hitlors birthday (what a coincidince)The thing is, it wasnt the code for the police, marijuana does not have 420 chemicals and hitlor hadabsolooutely nothing to do with it.I do know that april 20th the DATE isnt what it originally was. From research i guess that it was the acutal time 4:20 but slowly people had decided that it was the date 4/20.interesting...

hehehhe finnaly someone who can explain what it means :lol:. I've been wondering what 420 means since 2 years ago when there was this call called fourtwenty on Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, who owned the crap out of everyone really.. I knew it had something to do with drugs because they all put marijuana pictures in their avatars / signatures / image gallery <_<

Here are some theories.they said that back in the days, that "420" was the code for cops when troubling upon marijuana.

There isn't a code for this because normally the code starts with "10-..." i.e. 10-40 or 10-14.

that there are approximately 420 chemicals in marijuana

There are 315.
For more: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Someone told me it was the National Smokeout Day. This was the day to "promote" quitting cigarette smoking. However, when marijuana users heard this they thought the day was to consume marijuana--stoned brain isn't pretty lol. How true this is anyone's guess.

However, April 20th also marks one of the saddest days in North American's rememberance. Columbine High School shooting was on this day.

Actually in british law 420 is a Pnel code for punish ment ..., 420 is the code for Cheating and semilar typs of crime... now it is very wel known in india and Indian subcontinant ............ <_< So if u do some cheating I will call u 420 :lol: that mean you are a cheater & punishable under the pannel code 420

well my friends and I used to smoke at 4:20 there has never been a good enough answer to the question though. On a side note the time 4:20 appears all over the place, if you watch during tv shows and movies you will see clocks with that time on it in many places. if you look at everything you watch this week i'd be surprised if you ddn't see it somewhere

Well I haven't actually noticed all the things that have 420 on them. Its actually kindof interesting. But now that you mention it, I see it. Lol! <_< Anyways, thats kindof neat that your birthday is on 4/20. Happy belated birthday by the way. Oh and don't do drugs. :lol:

420 is simply the best day of the year.

In my Opinion this is what 420 is ALL about, and things that could happen that day.

Somewhere in random basements and smoky back rooms all over the world, a new subculture has emerged. It has taken a foothold in some small way on every facet of the global media. Its influences reach farther than anyone would like to admit, at least in public anyways. Marijuana smoking has slowly been introduced from pop culture into the mainstream acceptance pool.

Those of us who are smokers see the world differently than others do. It is not uncommon for regulars to fire up a few bowls with a complete stranger when it is realized that he/she is a fellow stoner. The uninitiated would be surprised to know the kind of things people you have never met before in your life will open up to you over a joint.

We speak to each other in our own language. We use words like blazed and bogart: alongside phrases like Puff, puff, pass, and Stop camping! We all abide by a certain code of universal rules, like never pass someone a cashed bowl and always wipe off the end of the pipe after hitting it. Most of us have better manners while sharing a bud than we do at our own dinner tables.

The key is we all respect each other on a basic level. Smoking is a team sport. The herb high just isnt as fulfilling if it is not shared. On a subconscious level, we all realize that fact and it is the key reason why we are so civilized while smoking together. In any other situation, two complete strangers committing a crime would be very nervous of each other, but when puffing a fat one, most people are very chilled with their new found partners in lawlessness. Marijuana brings people together.

Two equally racist men, one white, one black, who are habitual pot smokers, even though they hate each other, will still sit down and smoke a joint together without a second's hesitation if the situation arises; they may even invite the Mexican. There is nothing else in the world that can accomplish that. The bond between those who partake in the sacred herb consumption is stronger than nearly any other belief structure that one may hold.

Marijuana users in general are a peaceful lot, far from the bad rap given to my kind in the governments propaganda movies of the last century. We come from every walk of life, every profession, and every social class. We are the most diverse group of people with a single common interest in the entire world and we all get along.

I am not suggesting this could be the one thing that unites the world, although I have made some generalizations in this piece, but in these wicked times, even the slightest bit of good will helps.

"Legalize it; don't criticize it..." - Peter Tosh

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Copied source http://www.shoutwire.com/ When copying from another source, even if it's yours, if it was published elsewhere you MUST use quote tags.

Actually, according to urband legends, 420 started back in the day from kids at a school, who wanted to meet somewhere at a aprticular time to smoke. So 4:20 was a time to meet outside of the school (after school) behind a building to smoke. Smoke what I have no idea <_<Dan

Actually, according to urband legends, 420 started back in the day from kids at a school, who wanted to meet somewhere at a aprticular time to smoke. So 4:20 was a time to meet outside of the school (after school) behind a building to smoke. Smoke what I have no idea :)
Dan

Thats the story I heard, though I have heard them all.

Cops really don't care about hash anymore. Alot of my friend have been caught, humiliated, and cut loose. The only kid I know arrested with weed was this kid who was drunk and shop lifting at the same time.

Weed is really not as bad as people make it out to be. Being 15, theres the "strightedge" people who are completely aginst anything that is harmful, and people who just don't care. I personally think the strightedge mantality is a waste of a youth. I know I am young once, and I know this is my only life, and I know I'm going to die. Why should I spend the one life I have scared of death when its going to come one way or another. Cliche I know, but the truth. You can't honestly think "I'm never touching drugs!" and walk all through life afraid just to die, not knowing what was the hype.

Moral of this: Don't waste your life, its your only one.

Most of the people that I hang out with that joke about it mean the time 4:20. Most of the time am but sometimes afternoon. I guess I never really thought about the date. I guess that works too. LOL