xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LeeSUHH

Google A Number?

In simplest term, a googol is 10^100 and a googol plex is 10^(10^100). and a Google is not the same as a googol though they do tend to sound alike. Sound alike? hmmm... sorta like "I knew New York". now I'm getting confused... Reminds me when Miss Zouri gave Mrs. Sippi a new jersey, but what did Dela wear? answer... Idaho? I don't think she could pay Virginia the Texas. argh! now I'm getting myself in a weird state of mind! I'd better go see if Louisie Anna is at Georgia's place and have a talk...

when i was in 5th grade, which was 5 years ago, this was right when google first came out i think...
anyways, i remember my 5th grade teacher telling me that the word google was the biggest number possible and that it was bigger than infinity. Back then i believed it but then you really think about it, how is a number even possibly bigger than infinity if infinity goes on FOREVER?

and is googe EVEN a number?????

anybody know?

no clue

no clue

Did you even read the replies to this topic before posting?

If you really stop to think about it, the number system may not be infinite.

Just a few questions to think about:
Does the number system go on forever? Or only as long as people "go to"?
After all, the number system isn't real, it exists in the minds of the people.

I've read a bit to much Orwell :).

I always knew that Googol was a number but I never really knew how big it was. Of course there isn't a number larger than every other number because they just keep going and going. Basically if you were to count all your life you would never hit the largest number in your lifetime because there isn't one. It is like counting every grain of sand on this Earth and you will run out of names.

I would tend to diagree on the last one. Space is infinite. Smallness and biggness are infinitie. Just my opinion

Yes it is like fractions let's observ fractions from the 0 and 1 there is one half then one quorter then one eight if we are moving towards zero and so on and so fort towards infinity and in fact why it is infinity because whenever you choose any number and then say you choose any number any number at all you will always find higher number then that wihich gets fraction result closer to the zero but it will never reach it.

I am sorry I know this is out of topic but I liked to reffer to this.

A googol is a a number with 100 zeros 10000000000 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 I just wrote one googol

when i was in 5th grade, which was 5 years ago, this was right when google first came out i think...
anyways, i remember my 5th grade teacher telling me that the word google was the biggest number possible and that it was bigger than infinity. Back then i believed it but then you really think about it, how is a number even possibly bigger than infinity if infinity goes on FOREVER?

and is googe EVEN a number?????

anybody know?

No its not bigger than infinity :) that's impossibble. I think the only way you could get it bigger than infinity it to say infinity+1 or something.

Though I agree that infinity is not a number, it is a concept that stands for a number that will never be reached. So I kind of feel it can be said to be a number yet at the same time, not.-reply by chs98203