xisto Community
magiccode9

How Long Will Get Change A New Computer ?

Hi, how long will you change a new computer system?.As the softwares more complex and required more instructions to execute. The speed and performance of the cpu and the display device required more power. If I'am not wrong, about 3-4 month will get a brand new series products and it get replace your exist computer with the new one. Personally, it's not a good for saving the Earth.hmm..., I still a old one ( PII ), will be PIII in a week. <_<

There are no hard and fast rule for anyone to acquire any new Personal computers. Even if you own PII or PIII as long as it performs your requirements effectively you probably don't require a new PC. When your system doesn't perform and cannot meet your requirement and needs like speed, disk-space that is when you probably need to acquire a new PC. If you are driven simply by market not your requirements and needs you will end up spending your money uselessly and wasteful way. Therefore, go and upgrade your system only when your system don't meet your needs anymore. So, don't count months and weeks. Just count how long it has been since your needs are not met anymore...I hope this helps.

lol, i'm running a 700mhz duron. AHAH. .that's like the slowest in the AMD family. But luckly, i managed to have 800mb of ram on this machine. So it actually matches with what i normally do, evne though it sometimes lag when i try to watch movie which requires me to set whichever media player i'm using to high piority. Other than that.. i'm good with classic games like starcraft. ALl i need now is fast cable interent to download stuff. lolIt's a wasteful to go out a spend 500-800 every 3 years(average length of upgrading your computer - usually just buy a new one since computers are cheap now).

I'm running a Dell computer for 4 years already. I don't intend to change or buy another computer to replace this current one as it still working fine for me. I agree that many software, especially games, are slowing requiring high hardware capabilities to execute them or to run smoothly. However I always find alternative software to replace those power-hungry ones. The advantage is that sometimes, the alternatives are freeware and usually freeware require little resources from your computer to execute. Unless I'm planing to upgrade my operating system to Windows Vista, I'd probably still stay with my current computer for the next 3 years, if nothing breaks down unfortunately.You said you will be getting a pentium 3 computer in a week? I hope not. I thought this was an old thread but its posted today. Get a pentium 4 hyper threading technology processor computer instead since you are getting a new computer. AMD branded processor will also work as an alternative. Just don't think about pentium 3, it's obsolete.

largely depends what you use the pc for. . . .for example. . . simple word prcoessing, web browsing. . . not very often at all. . . . every 5/6 years if that. . .where as. . . for PC gamming. . . .get ya wallet out. . . as upgrades/new systems are needed every year and half or so . . and their prciey <_<and then theres also other system heavy applciations such as rendering for video and such. . which is VERY spec heavy, and upgrades will be needed every few years. . .normally jsut more ram or HD space.I bought my pc (custom costing ?1200 roughly) with the mind to be gaming and using it for numerous CAD applications such as graphics, Aniamtion and sound.Its fine for alot of things, and i'm perfectly happy with it, but will probably be upgrading the RAM from 1gig to 2gig soon, simpyl because i could do with a bit mroe system memory when working with larger sized files in photoshop n such.I think its bets to buy a pc which is easily upgradeable, and one which comes with a good processor.

I'm a minor so the decision dosn't really rest with me <_<. I'd love to rush out and upgrade my mobo and CPU every six months. In reality, if I have good money when I get a job, I'd probably upgrade my CPU annually and my mobo bi-annually.I don't even use my computer for much gaming, I just like to have flexibility and the best of the best :lol:. My current computer is 4 1/4 years old and I think that its time for its retirement. It can't even hold an AGP card :huh:.Probably the most economical thing to do is upgrading every three years or when things quit working for you. I belive that I once heard a fiqure that more than 500,000 computers were disposed of in the U.S. annually.Now, how often for video cards? :lol: If your a gamer: Every 4 monthsEveryone else: Never

You do not need to buy or upgrade a computer usually, unless your running something ancient like the "Altair", keeping a computer clean physically and UPDATING and running virus scans can let your computer keep up with even something 1 gigahertz faster!

For most peoplw who are just using there computers for word processing and going online to check email and chat a early pentium as in Pentium I and II. Or any of the early computers that had internet access. Most of the time they can be used with a lan card for routers or DSL. To improve performance a little memory should be added. However if you are a computer gamer and/or someone who works with alot of image or is a web designer it would be a good idea to upgrade about every two years. At least that would be about the standard when trying to keep up with the times. Just remember within a month of buying a computer its already not the latest technology. At least that is the case I have found when working with people and computers over the years. There really are not too many games or programs that I can pickup now that I can run on my computer because my little PII is just too slow and the hardware I have in it can not run the programs. Someday when I have the money I will definately be replacing this lovely computer and going full speed ahead. <_<