xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dazappa

Bad Experience With Cars While On Vacation Its all Fords fault

Well I decided to drive up to michigan from georgia, about a 14 hour drive. I was going to visit my grandmother, who had dimensia, and is quickly getting worse. I did end up having a wonderful time with my grandma and other relatives while there. So I came back about a week later. Well I was about 5 minutes from my house and my transmission went. But earlier my speedometer went out, which is almost worse. So I was stuck in 2nd gear trying to make it up a hill and to my house. I did eventually get there, but my car was worthless. It was a ford. Later I was going up to Michigan again, of course to check on my grandma again. I was also coming back that time when it happend. If i went above 40 miles per hour, the car died. I ended up having to stay in a motel 6, almost the lowest quality hotel on earth, but only for one night. Figured out it was my air filter (feul filter, some filter, whatever) It was also a ford. As you can see, I no longer trust Ford, and probably will never buy another Ford car/whatever in my life. I wouldn't advise any of you to get fords either.

Yeh, I am a die hard Chevy fan. They don't say Found On Road Dead and Fix Or Repair Daily for nothing.

How old was your ford - You can be very unlucky with mid - old cars. Not just Fords. The risky ones are the 10 year olds, they can just die on you. Need to get them checked out before purchasing.Even Better would be to buy a new ford, if you can afford them.I Love the old fords here in Australia - look sooooo tasty. Not to sure about your US fords. I dont like the new fords though.When introduced in 1970 the Phase III version of the Falcon GTHO was one of the fastest cars on the road. No other four door car could keep up with it and its topspeed was only matched by exotics from Italy. A total of 300 of these Phase III's were built and 1557 of the 'normal' GTHO.The phase 3 is a legendary car. in those days it was capable of well over 140mph, that meant it was an extremely fast car. as mentioned no sedan could get near it and the speed that this car reached was capable only by italian performance cars. it took an aussie manufacterer 30 or someting like that years to build a car that can beat it in speed and performance not to mention being the fastest 4 door sedan for 25 years. it held the title for that long and were talkin aussie here compared to the rest of the world.i personally would do anything to own or even drive one of these. that awesome power, sound and looks not to mention that legendary status that this car possesses. what about bathurst that year in 1971. moffat had put the most devastating bathurst win to date even with a beer box blocking the air intake of the car. well that did go down to the driver but what more can i say about moffat hes a champion. if only the phase 4 actually went into production. it would be a killer.