xisto Community
Blue Lightning

Do You Like Being Given Injections And Blood Tests?

Do you like being given injections and blood tests?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont like seeing blood, just seeing those fake blood on movies and television freak me out It could make me faint! and it is enough reason to hate injections and those blood tests. i was confined at the hospital August last year, And the medical technicians have to get a test-tube-full or two of my blood samples. And I have to close my eyes all the time even ater they have cleaned my arms with alcohol. And what is worst then was they have to get blood samples three or four time everyday. I was there at the hospital for five days.

Honestly, shots, and other things like shots, aren't so bad. It doesn'ts eem to hurt as much as it used to. Don't know why, really... But it doesn't. The last injection I've gotten was a tetnis shot a few months ago. It hurt for like the first half a second, when the skin was actually punctured, but once it's in it is like pishposh. <_<edit: so no, I don't mind injections nor blood tests.

Edited by matto (see edit history)

As for myself - I dont mind them. I dont enjoy them at all, I wouldnt go out of my way to have one. When I was in hospital I was getting 3 injections a day and had a needle stuck in my vain for the 2 weeks. So I got quite used to having injections. Remember be careful of trees when driving cars.

I dont honestly believe that anyone can actually enjoy having a blood test, or a needle stuck in them, but I do know that you can just not mind.. I dont perticually think - oh joy - a needle.. but it doesn't bother me too much to be honest, it's kinda strange aswell when they do blood tests, watching the little catridges fill up with your blood.. it's quite a weird thought.. but no I dont like the idea of needles... even though it doesn't bother me I think.. (and i think I speak for the majority) when I say that everyone dislikes needles...

To be honest, ive had a few blood tests and they werent bad at all. Then all the kids in New Zealand had this Menengitis B vaccination. Pracitcally 3 injections over 10 months. I hated getting stuff actually getting injected into me, i could feel it *SHUDDER*.Not to mention they had some bad side affects. Everyone had a sore arm for 3 weeks. I myself was sick outta my mouth and i had to have a few days off school.We had 30 in our class, the day after the first injection apparently there were 16 lol..

I can stand blood and the pain, but my arm hurts afterwards, which I *do* mind. Also, the vaccination which I got when I was younger has left a really ugly scar on my arm.I get really scared when picturing a *huuuuge* needle though, I'd be very afraid of it being stuck *so* far in my arm that it will hit and scrape the bone in my arm +_____+ *shivers*

I tried all I could to avoid taking the necessary injections back when I was in school. And so, I didn't have much experience with needles and to say the least, I was pretty scared of them. Not long ago, I had to get my blood drawn for legal reasons (of residency), and it practically freaked me out. I kept my cool and it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it to be. Yet, I voted No. <_<

Altrough they don't really hurt as much as they used to do a very long time ago, I am still frightened by them and rather not have them stitched into my skin... I've been sick of one before because I was alergic for the content of it, and it wasnt really fun because you need to wait till everything has disappeared in your blood :[

Well, I recently got one injection :ph34r:......A nail got nailed in my foot <_<I feel bad at starting...but then I dont feel it actually...and as others have mentioned that...it gets bad...when it hurts the arm.....I was not able to move my arm for 2 days...just because of the pain.However, I know that the injection was important so I had no choice...regardless of the fact that I like it or not.

People that say that they like having needles and stuff stuck into them are just trying to get attention and dont pay any attention to them. I dont mind them. I just go in, get it done, and get out so i can move on. Whats the point of not getting it done? Like i said just go in and get it done. Ya, the only part i really dont enjoy is when they poke the needle into you arm, leg, of whereever they are giving you the shot. But from there i am fine.

I don't really care one way or another - I used to HATE having shots as a kid, and even when I was older. When I was a kid I used to create a big scene - later, when I was older, a doc noticed that I was nervous and he said - just look at the needle as it goes in - you'll see it's a very little thing and nothing to be worried about. So I did, and realized that yes, it was a very little thing; and while looking at it go in, I realized that yes, it didn't really hurt so much at all. Since then needles haven't worried me. I must say that some docs & medics are really skilled at giving injections (as compared to others) - if a person who knows what they're doing gives you an injection you actually hardly feel a thing. As for the arm paining afterwards - if you rub the area vigorously for a few minutes after you take the shot, and give it a rub again after every half hour or so for an hour or two, this tends to reduce the arm pain a bit.