xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Ned Kelly - Hero, Victim Or Villian Do you think Ned Kelly is a Hero, Victim or Villian

Hey all i am doing a project about Ned Kelly in my Australian Studies class and wanted to get your opinion on weather you think Ned Kelly is a Victim, Villian or Hero. I personally think he is a Hero to all the Irish people who were deported/moved to Australia in the 1800's. Because we watched the film Ned Kelly and I see how the british police treat all the Irish Settlers back in those days, as the Irish and British didn't work well together and hated each other (or so i've been told) and the way the british treated the Irish settlers was appauling (but i suppose it was back in the 1800's) and i think the british deserved what happened to them form ned kelly and his gang, because he was just standing up for the Irish, and i wouldn't classify him as a villian as when he is in the bush and the 2 British police come and they start shooting, Ned Kelly shoots the police and appologises for it and wished he never did it and didn't mean to which showed to me he isn't being a cold blooded murderer. Well thats what i think and sorry if it don't make much sense as it's very late and i'm very tired. Well i would like others opinions on this weather you think he is a victim, villian or hero. Thanks all

Ned Kelly is none of those. He's not a hero, nor a victim, nor a villain, he's a mix. Killing, not matter what is no good.Anyway as for the British and the Irish, there is still some things going on today, too. However, the IRA has diminished rather much, only a tad of trouble here and there... it's been going on for a while though, so I guess it's become commonplace in the world.

I am an Aussie and we think of Ned Kelly as an Icon. "such is life" is what he said before he was hung. Im pretty sure - Yep but we just think of him as an Aussie Bush ranger - a criminal - but we love him.

Basically all the police in that time were british

That's because everyone at that time was British - even the Irish (the Republic of Ireland didn't become independent from Britain until the 20th century). It's not a case of the cops being British and everyone else being Australian. Australia was so new as a country at that time that you can't draw a distinction between British cops and the people they were policing.

I am an Aussie and we think of Ned Kelly as an Icon. "such is life" is what he said before he was hung. Im pretty sure - Yep but we just think of him as an Aussie Bush ranger - a criminal - but we love him.

I agree! :)

He is the man who inspired freedom in this country he gave the poor hope and put troopers to their deaths but overall he was a good man (SUCH IS LIFE)-ADAM

He was a fair in a sense, he took to equalize the injustice that he faced but by spilling so much blood I don't think he could be counted worthy being an "Australian Icon."-Ananomous

Hey, I'm doing an English essay on Ned Kelly as well about whether he is a hero or a criminal. I've choosen hero so if you have any hints they would be relly appreciated!!!Thanx, kate-Kate

HelloI am doing an essay on ned kelly and whether he was a hero or villain. I would like your oppion and you should help me lolEmail me back-reply by kayla

I think ned kelly is a hero because he was treated injustly by the police and also in 1865 he saved a chilf from drowning. So in my oponion he is a hero which knew what freedon meant> ceya :)

Ned Kelly was a vitim because, though he was a murderer and though he saved a boys life, the Kelly family had specific orders made for them. Police officers had to arrest them for even the smallest crime and policeman Fitzpatrick tried to rape Ned's sister.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly - Hero, Victim Or Villian

Hey all.

I'm also doing an in class essay on ned kelly 2morro, and I think I'm saying hes a hero, for many of the reasons above, if you have anymore ideas anyone let me no yeaah?

Thanks for the Help :)

-In need of Help