xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darnit

Oracle And Cisco, What Are These, and the main parts and differences of both

Hey, pretty much a newb when it comes to comp programs/systems, and i saw things about Oracle and Cisco, and wanted to know what they are. LoL

Notice from jlhaslip:
Shortened the Title and description so it doesn't wreck the Index page.

Well, Oracle is a software company and mainly has Database products..just like we have MySql..Oracle has its own database product and this is more popular in the corporate world.On the other hand Cisco is a company which deals in Routers, switches and similar networking devices (if you want to know more about router and switches then please make a search in google)

To add on to mayank's comments, Cisco majors in security, both hardware and software for corporate uses. Most banks around the world uses Cisco hardware firewall and intrusion alarm systems that is capable of alerting the owner of the intrusion. It's also commonly used as burglar alarms at home too. In Singapore, Cisco security alarms are linked to the police. This means that when the alarm triggers, the police is the one that will be first alerted.

Ok,My father being Chairman of cisco, i thought I should answer this question. Oracle is a company that pretty much has nothing to do with cisco, they just make database software for very, very large applications where database files reach file sizes of over 500 terabytes. Cisco equipment is rarely used for alarm systems due to complexity and price, instead conventional phone systems are used for alerting staff in such a case. Cisco is a company that makes the best networking equipment on the market, not to mention its the most expensive. Lets make this simple, what i mean by networking is linking comouters together, aka. in internet, and cisco make things called routers, which route information between computers, kinda like high tech plumbing.Yours Sincerely,Alexander Morgridge-Turner

Edited by turnerzworld (see edit history)