xisto Community
good-baby

Is It True Or Just A Weird Email ? hotmail ID can be freeze ???

Dear last night a very strange and very disgusting thing happend to me .It so happened that last night i tried to SIGN-IN my hotmail id using messenger , bet every time when i tried to sign-inI recieve a message off INVALID password . I just tried to sign-in in my Inbox but this time i recieved a error page that your account is temperarly unavaiable.I tried much but in vain . I just think that there may be some problem in my internet .I tried to sign-in with my other ID this time with other ID i was sucessfull . then i just tried with the previous id but i was continuously recieving the same errors . What i can do i just think that might my id be HACKED :lol:then next day i tried to access my inbox this time i get into my inbox . Now the strange think to me was that i was having an ANNYNIMOUS mail there . i read it . there was written that ,not to be so panic this is just a show of my power and mind to you . Last night there was no problem with your ID , I just FREEZES your id .that was the reason you was unable to access your id . Now if i want , i will permemntly freez your ID . < bula.bula.bula>"That was a really strange and awfull thing for me . now i was thinking that IS that was true ot it was just a WEIRD email.so please tell me is it possible .... Or how can i protect my ID.please help me !? <_<

Sounds like someone has your password.Change it immediately as a safeguard, and if it happens again, report this problem to the Hotmail people.

Tips for making good passwords:1.) Have it over 10 characters. The time that it takes to crack an 8 character password compared to a 10 character one is a span of over 100 years.2.) Have numbers, letters, and symbols. Most people's accounts are hacked because they use passwords like "cheesepuppet" or something even worse, like "basketball". Try for passwords like "[[Tyier143]]". They aren't that hard to remember. If you play piano, you'll be happy to know, that if you "practice" your password hard enough, you don't even need to remember what it is. (By the way, none of these passwords are mine, so don't try them, because they won't work).3.) Don't tell your password to anyone. Don't ever use the same password for everything you register (I certainly don't do that). If you have trouble remembering each password, make a "password formula". For example, Xisto has the numbers 17 in it. You can make your forum password something like "17Trap||" and your Myspace password like "Sp4ceMy||".4.) Remember that your secret question can be the one used to unlock your password, no matter what your password is. For example, if the question is "What is your favorite sport" and your email is "luvbasketba11@hotmail.com", it's obvious that the answer is "basketball". If you are sure you will never forget your password, make up your answer. For example "What is the last 4 digits of your credit card?" Answer: "2kj19u9{};1*&kj7ahu82(*&&^".5.) Always make an alternative email, so that you can use it to unlock your current one.

I would be so scared if that happened to me too. I for one, didn't think that it would be possible, until I read the part about that email you got. I was just thinking that maybe the system was down or something like that, but then how do you explain that email? A big coincidence? It would have to be one of the biggest coincidences known to man. Sure, it would be possible, but I somehow doubt that it was a coincidence.Be sure to change your password right away, and I'm not sure if you can change your 'lost password' question, but if you can, you might want to look at that too. Because I never thought about that before a read the reponse. Thanks for all those tips.

By the way why do you use hotmail? I find it evil.

Agreed, I find it strange how the people at MSN have made a good stab at creating a monopoly out of their "wonderful" (cough) products - both messenger and hotmail... could rant and rave for ages bout that...

But anyways, I would say that the best alternative to Hotmail is Gmail, though you doo need an invitation - and I understand that it is hard to change usernames - getting everybody else to update, and so on. I would say make a Gmail account and tell new people the Gmail address instead. In my experience you just gradually switch to a Gmail-loving person :)

I would suggest that you change your hotmail password as soon as you can, and if possible, move your email account to a different host, your name probably won't be taken. After you have created a new account, change all your newsletters if you subscribe to any to your new account, and update all of your frequent website accounts to the new email, it will be like you never left.Alot of websites have more features than hotmail, and offer more space.I strongly reccommend Gmail if you want space. 1G+ for each email account is alot.Free web based email ---

http://yahoo.com/
https://www.mail.com/int/
https://www.bluebottle.com/

(spam protected)http://www.mail.lycos.com/

There are tons of choices, read up on all of them and take your pick.

Hi buddy i read out your post and i can understand your feelings because in my opinion you are a new user to the internet. Buddy , i can't say any thing about that annynimous mail that you have got because it may beone of your friends try to make you fool. But let you tell one thing that your ID might be frozen . I was just having the same problem but i just handeled this problem quite easily . Infact , i am not going to write here that how your ID would be frozen and how you can De-Freeze it because that might be the VOILATION OF the Xisto rules. So bussy you can direcly got in touched me i will try to help you . But in my opinion dear you should try Gmail ' because it is more Secure and Reliable than any mail service.Hotmail is not as secure and reliable as Gmail and if you use gmail you wil never ever have such sort of dammn Problems. :rolleyes: Greets

Innocent-Devil, I don't agree with the last sentence of yours: ''if you use gmail you wil never ever have such sort of dammn Problems'' because if someone knows how to hack than he can hack any email including an email hosted by Gmail. My friend is a very smart hacker he told me that. Also he learned me how to freeze accounts but , honestley, I never used it and I never hacked to anyones email. So good-baby don't feel afraid you are not alone. The only thing you can do is to stick with Dooga's Advices, she really gived the most important precautions you can get ot avoid being hacked again.

Edited by Hadi (see edit history)

10 chars is overkill. pick a secure RANDOM password (find a random generator) and use as many DIFFERENT TYPES of characters as you can. 8 is a reasonable number. if you're sooper paranoid, 16 characters.

That's obviously a hack and it seems like an amateur did it... trying to boast about what s/he has done. But you should really take that warning seriously. It must mean that your password is easy to hack. For one, try not using things that can easily be found in a common english dictionary. You must always think about your security... The net isn't really a safe place no matter how hard you try and make it. Malicious programs and people with evil intent are always on the prowl.

yea, sometimes I can't sign into hotmail too. Just keep on trying cause it took me like five tries before I can sign in. If someone really stole your account, then try contacting hotmail and explain your situation

Dear HADI, ok I completey agreed with you as you said that

because if someone knows how to hack than he can hack any email including an email hosted by Gmail

But you know that most of the people just wish to learn hotmail hacking and the whose who never able to learn hacking the do such dammn things as to FREEZE ACCOUNTS or USING FAKE & ANNYMOUS MAILS. I also have a little bit knowledge of such things but believe me I never try to irritate any other because I hate HACKERS . I am unable to understand that why people love hacking . Why enjoy by irritating other peoples. I am very glad to see that HADI you know how to FREEZE account you never do this . Yes the precaution given by DOOGA are really usefull . Now buddy let me explain that why I write this

'if you use gmail you wil never ever have such sort of dammn Problems

. I write this because I think so GOOD-BABY says that his id was only freezed . And I just refer him to gmail because I dont think so that GMAIL account could be freezed !
But I am very glad after knowing your thoughts.
Greets.
Edited by innocent-devil (see edit history)

well, did you do somethign to annoy any skilled kackers out there. a flame on a forum perhaps. keep in mind that some people take forum postings seriously.I'd change your password to include numbers and not have a word from the dictionary. I'd also use a good firewall and clean your computer from trojans/adware and cookies. just incase.failing that (it might become a game to the hacker to see if he can beat your defenses) change your email address and IDs.