xisto Community
Oni_BlueEyes

Windows Longhorn

Ive just seen some screenshots...and it looks way better than windows xp.....not as techy and kiddish...more technical and better.....with that cool sidebar thingy....microsoft said it might come late 2005 or early 2006. my friend is going to buy it.

OK. longhorn is likely to be very good...

But, with what little I know about you, HJ, you will not buy it, but just crack it! :)

Your posts here say that : http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?actindpost&p=26172

Cracking and using illegal serials is not correct. You have freewares and opensource proggies for almost anything you need. Go for them instead...

Ok...dude im sorry,i already said that....u can lay off...and i dont hack,crack,or anything like that to microsoft...or OS...Microsoft is kool.....who would be stupid enough to do that? (u can download the FREEWARE beta builds at it at unoffical websites.)

Ok...dude im sorry,i already said that....u can lay off...and i dont hack,crack,or anything like that to microsoft...or OS...Microsoft is kool.....who would be stupid enough to do that? (u can download the FREEWARE beta builds at it at unoffical websites.)

Well, this was posted before you made the changes...Laying off now...
:)

Windows Longhorn is beta. Actually after using Windows XP PRO SP2 for months, I think is slowing up a little bit. In the future release of Windows Longhorn, this bug will be repaired. So don't try it yet! Just look at the screenshots and imagine that you have it in your pc! :)

Longhorn sure looks nice and who needs room at the desktop?
I guess noone since there is a new sidebar (big one) and the taskbar is a little bigger to. But overall the kernel is good and stable as hell (I hoop)

Longhorn has features (that os X allready have but oke) which makes the desktop look cooler much more eyecandy and sure thats a cool thing if you like that but it comes with a price especialy if you would like to run Aero max¨ which is fully 3d accelerated. That price is a complete new system which can be cool:

Microsoft is expected to recommend that the "average" Longhorn PC feature a dual-core CPU running at 4 to 6GHz; a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM; up to a terabyte of storage; a 1 Gbit, built-in, Ethernet-wired port and an 802.11g wireless link; and a graphics processor that runs three times faster than those on the market today

source

But overall I must admit that is onghorn really looks cool (and now back to freebsd :))

I've tryed longhorn (had a magazine that told me how to update XP to Longhorn).Have to say that the graphics are good also the menu style.My problem was that not long after installing longhorn(a day or three) my computer crashed. :) I still don't know what happend. :D I think i'll go and buy longhorn also (after trying it again) hope that the next tiome the bugs are gone. :D What I read about longhorn is awsome .... now let's see if it really is.

I rather get a Mac or upgrade my SuSE Linux than upgrading for Windows Longhorn bcause by the time it comes out, it requires new hardware that will cost me more. Microsoft is trying to shake Linux off them... I'm gonna keep my SuSE Linux, some day, I'll ditch Windows...xboxrulz

Bullseye are you sure that it was longhorn as in the OS itself cause there also is a layover (skin and some settings) that make XP look and feel like Longhorn but it sure is not the real thing.

some info about how to set xp to longhorn look including some themes can be found here or here (german) or you could use google.

I think i will get loghorn after it is out few months. it seems like a very good OS.I still dont know what i would do without my XP pro... :)Any idea as to where to get one of those themes?

I have Installed the latest build of longhorn and I must say it is very nice.The only problem is that it is still in the Alpha stage of development and therefore has lots of bugs. It is also a memory-hog so you have to make sure you have plenty of RAM if you wish to run it. I would not recommend using it as your primary OS as it is unpredictable and errors can pop up out of nowhere and completely screw your system over.-gm

Hmmm... I think windows longhorn is still on testing purposes... I'm still using Windows XP Pro Sp2... and planning to switch to linux... What kind of linux distribution can you recommend? I need it to be user friendly to beginners like me.Can you recommend something?

Hmmm... I think windows longhorn is still on testing purposes... I'm still using Windows XP Pro Sp2... and planning to switch to linux... What kind of linux distribution can you recommend? I need it to be user friendly to beginners like me.

Can you recommend something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try to search other forums. For starters, SuSE, Mandrake, Fedora and so on and so forth. Try to find some free time to consult with the ever friendly and smart google, and you will be surprised how easy it is to find the information about Linux. You will also find numerous "my dad is stronger than yours" conversations, but you can safely ignore them and try out different distros until you find one to your liking.

It surely takes some time for Longhorn to grow to the production phase. It better be good and worth the wait for all those needy creatures.