xisto Community
ibsu

How Do You Deal Racism, Hate Or Others? With racism/hate/plain idiots?

I don't know if this belongs here or in the Life section. Sorry if I'm wrong :[How do you deal with racism, hate or just plain idiots? I often can brush it off, on the outside that is. In the inside, I'm angry and confused to why they would do such a thing. Is it really that enjoyable? Whatever, I don't always let it go though. If it's something that crosses the line or I'm just having an extremely grumpy day, then I confront the person. Fighting is fun anyways.What about you? And how often do you come across this?

I just laugh it off, it's a lot more fun to be able to laugh at anything. I also don't let things offend me. I used to, but I ended up getting mad a lot. Now I don't and everything's funny. As they say, laughter is the best medicine. Could explain why I've gotten sick only once since I started not getting offended (a year and a half or so).

How do you deal with racism, hate or just plain idiots?

Mostly I just ignore them.

I don't know if this belongs here or in the Life section. Sorry if I'm wrong :[
How do you deal with racism, hate or just plain idiots?
I often can brush it off, on the outside that is. In the inside, I'm angry and confused to why they would do such a thing. Is it really that enjoyable? Whatever, I don't always let it go though. If it's something that crosses the line or I'm just having an extremely grumpy day, then I confront the person. Fighting is fun anyways.

What about you? And how often do you come across this?

I have to deal with a lot of idiots.*looks at memberlist*

No J/k:P

Both ignoring and laughing are good alternatives to do with close-minded people. Confronting them it?s no use because surely they?re not clever enough to think about it although you give them good reasons. So you?d better forget about it although you are angry. Each person must have his own morality and you?re not going to change other?s one.

What country and area are you in. If its bad and you dont have to be there, leave. Dont hang around and fight the system unless you have to or want to. Otherwise be strong and tell them to *#$% off.

Those who treat others with racism hate are those retarded ones who still live in the past. I don't really take them seriously. In fact, in my inner being I just thought how uncivilized they are! The world is changing. Earlier people in the third world and developing countries are looked down upon by those in developed countries. But the world is changing, developing countries are performing well and in the days to come they will probably lead the world. And those who have superior mindset will feel ashame of themselves because they have to work under whom they looked down upon. So, these are reality now. It is better not to look down upon others and have hatred towards them. It benefits none especially the ones who have such in their hearts. I consider such people uncivilized.

I just laugh it off, it's a lot more fun to be able to laugh at anything. I also don't let things offend me. I used to, but I ended up getting mad a lot. Now I don't and everything's funny. As they say, laughter is the best medicine. Could explain why I've gotten sick only once since I started not getting offended (a year and a half or so).

I agree... besides you know better, people only judge because they are insecure themselves, so why not? LAUGH IT OFF!!!! :)

I agree... besides you know better, people only judge because they are insecure themselves, so why not? LAUGH IT OFF!!!!

EXACTLY

I wonder if they haven't got something else to do. They make themself look so stupid, and I almost think they are jealous at other people the people they hate. I mean, why would you even worry about other persons opinions, beliefs, looks, sexes? What do they accomplish with what they do? I really think it's just the feeling of having power over somebody else, otherwise I really can't think of anyting , why to waist time and effort hating and trying to make another person feel like nothing.
Edited by Nani Cheri (see edit history)

I agree... besides you know better, people only judge because they are insecure themselves, so why not? LAUGH IT OFF!!!!

That is so true... it's either they just hate you because they're simply a *BLEEP* or they're jealous. I actually LEARNED that from a quote by PARIS HILTON. I'll try to think of how I read it as...

"People who hate you for no reason are either jealous, a *BLEEP*, or insecure about themselves." - Paris Hilton

Something like that, it sounded more wise but I can't remember how it sounded. The best I can remember is that. :D

Oh, and my opinion on racism... I think it's dumb. Don't worry about them, they're probably just insecure about themselves.

Racism is no joke. If you live in my country, you'll be treated like a terrorist. If you're successful in life and well paid, the government will blame you for snatching the job opportunity from the origin people of the country. Think of it that you've got straight-As in O-Levels and with excellent sociability records, yet you're still unable to get a scholarship from the local Uni, and 90% of uni vacancies are reserved for the origin people. You're unable to afford better education and deprived of it. Seems unfortunate and pitiful, isn't it? This is happening in my country. Government themselves are trying to promote racism among different races.

Let me make something clear, in case anyone here doesn't already know this: racism is bad. It's a terrible thing, really: hating a people because they are of a different skin color or race... it's the root, the cause, of so many problems in this sad, harsh world.

How do I deal with it? Well I'll tell you.

When I hear someone at my school make a remark like "look at that black hick, he don't know what he's f***ing doing, that nig***" or "d**n that pathetic redneck" or something I deal them a good blow across the head and send them sprawling out on the floor and I make it clear that I don't ever want to hear that again. And I'm not a rough bad guy or anything. But this makes me MAD. And it's got so everyone's on tip top no-discrimination behavior when I'm around. And the ones of other races thank me for it and hang around me, because they know that any white guy who tries to beat them up won't because I'm there.

See, I believe that one should be punished just for making a disgusting remark like the ones above. Not be punished for being racist; that 's just taking away free opinions. And maybe taking away the right to say bad racist things is taking away free speech, but..... it's horrible. And I can't take anymore of it. That's why the other day when a white guy said something REALLY awful and disgusting and horrible about an African American guy who was my friend, I gave him a split lip and a black eye. But I can't help it, really I can't.

I laugh and make jokes, like i don't mean to be racist but i stay stuff like "man im so white i cant jump" and stuff like that, even though i am white, but its just a lot more fun that way. I doubt many people take it that seriously anymore, unless you use the "N", "B", "C" words (no i didn't actually do that cuz of NBC lol, it just happened that way)