xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stingray001

Windows Live Mail Beta

Well, this is only for hotmail people only.

If you sign up for this, it gives your inbox quite a lot of style, fun and SPACE.

But, the sad thing is i waited for around 30 days before i finally get the invitation, YOYOYO.

It doesn't take place right after you received your invitation. You must wait for around 5-6 working days for them to settle your problems first.

Look at this image and see how much space it gives my hotmail account :

2000MB

Posted Image

So what you waiting for? Get going now to :

Windows Live Homepage for more great deals.

I've signed up for the Live Mail beta program. I don't see things like what your screenshots are. Neither do I see 2000mb of storage space. I was a plain white page with all my mails listed in rows. I didn't get a screenshot of it because I thought it was really bad. I quited from the beta program and got back the usual hotmail interface.

Personally I don't really like Windows Live Mail, the main problem I have with it is that I cannot (or at least didn't find out how to) filter in coming mail, it all goes into the inbox, oh yeah that and the spam filter still doesn't work and theres the hugh banner ads blocking everything. Unless you can't tell I still prefer Gmail it's just more flexibal than this but it is a step in the right direction. Oh yeah I forgot another of my problems the pane layout (like Outlook) only displays in Internet Explorer, amd seeing as this is the only major change from Hotmail that just isn't enough, so I'm gonna stick to Gmail for now.

I've signed up for the Live Mail beta program. I don't see things like what your screenshots are. Neither do I see 2000mb of storage space. I was a plain white page with all my mails listed in rows. I didn't get a screenshot of it because I thought it was really bad. I quited from the beta program and got back the usual hotmail interface.

i do know that accessing it through firefox brings up a competely different interface to when you use internet explorer. now if only internet explorer didn't suck so much.....

I must say I don't like the new service, I am currently on a dial-up conection and it performs too slowly on my connection. I may change my mind once I have my broadband back up and running though.

I am not a big fan of Microsoft email services including this one. And Windows Live Mail don't impress me much as well. I am quite satisfied with Gmail. In fact, I have more than one and they are all so useful. I don't think any mail services form Microsoft can beat Gmail. But just for trial and more comparisons I may well sign up. I can't believe one has to wait 4 to 5 days to get approved.....

as users, what are the main bonuses of using Live mail?It looks quite simple, and i am quite fond of the simplicity block style of the new Live applciations.

Well, this is only for hotmail people only.

If you sign up for this, it gives your inbox quite a lot of style, fun and SPACE.

But, the sad thing is i waited for around 30 days before i finally get the invitation, YOYOYO.

It doesn't take place right after you received your invitation. You must wait for around 5-6 working days for them to settle your problems first.

Look at this image and see how much space it gives my hotmail account :

2000MB

So what you waiting for? Get going now to :

Windows Live Homepage for more great deals.

Image removed to save space.

Windows Live Mail, even in a browser other than IE, doesn't look like that. I am pretty sure that you get the 2000 MB space, but you probably just got an upgrade to your Hotmail account, and not the full-fledged Live Mail upgrade. I bet it's a system problem.

Can you tell me how to quit this. I just hate it. I want to go back. I'm not sure what it is they are tring to do here but its not working, it takes a long time to load. Leave it up to Microsoft to screw up a good thing.

Can you tell me how to quit this. I just hate it. I want to go back. I'm not sure what it is they are tring to do here but its not working, it takes a long time to load. Leave it up to Microsoft to screw up a good thing.

There's an option to quit the beta on the main page of the Live mail. It's the first page after you've signed in.. I couldn't get a screenshot of it since I'm already out..

My first hotmail id was changed instantly to Live Mail(in November05). But now I waited for about 10 days to change the look. I don't know why they are doing this?Anyways, I still don't like Live Mail. It's not recommened for slow connections. Very slow!

EN_SS_mail.jpg

What it is

Fast and simple e-mail that makes it easy to read, send and organize your messages. The ???beta??? part means it???s a work in progress, so we need your input to make sure it???s built right.

What it gives you

??? Previews of your messages you can read without leaving your inbox ??? Drag-and-drop organization ??? One-click control over junk and scam e-mails ??? Right-click power???reply, delete, and forward ??? 2 GB of storage (2 GB = 2,000,000,000 bytes) ??? Learn more about the features of Windows Live Mail beta
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I provide feedback?

Please go to this site to report bugs and provide our team with feedback on features you love, hate, want, and need.

Will I see all my e-mails, contacts, and other info from my current account within Mail Beta?

Yes.

How do I download attachments?

Just click on the attachment you want to download.

Where to get it?

Please go to :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18614/windows-essentials

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merged redundant topic.

A typical microsoft copycat action. I have abandoned hotmail for quite a long time due to its small space and poor interface. They are now copying the ajax design of gmail and its capacity. That's really a bad move that has taken so long to come. Gmail has improved quite a lot since its launching. Say, a resizing of photos automatically when photos are uploaded. I wonder if microsoft is going to copy this as well.

Now what i dont understand about this is why the heck is it a full screen app? i dont want MSN to be over my whole god damned screen! Thats just stupid. I also hate the look of it...it looks cheap and nasty IMHO. The way i look at this is its just a combination between outlook and MSN messenger...why bother? if i wanted to use outlok i could use it easilly and fast to do what i wanted with it and if i want to use MSN the same applies. I dont understand why they have merged them. And no doubt theres a little script inside it that will do the same as WGA (altho i have a legitimate windows i hate being spied on) and another one which will kick into action and controll the TC chips should they want them to come into action. And yet another script that will ick in when they decide to make us pay for MSN...not that they tell you any of these are in there though. Untill they no onger support 7.5 i wont be using the live MSN...i mjust waiting for the day that they stop AMSN working....That wont be good.

I personally don't see the point in signing up for Windows Live Mail BETA, mainly because GMail offers around the same size or twice as much I don't really know. Also the style is alot like the new Yahoo Mail BETA. Also for people with Yahoo email addresses and others they can't get this. The only reason I would get this is if it has great features such as spam filtering or something like that. So can anyone tell me if this is worth me creating a new email address?