xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rowita

About Calculators ... TI

Hi,I was playing! with TI Instruments Calc. TI89What a miracle is this device!!!!!!!it solves everything!!!!!I recommend Texas Instruments Calcs to students !

the last one i had was CASIO 9850 so this is really interesting for me!

[quote name='http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Titanium

Introducing TI's most powerful graphing calculator: The TI-89 Titanium, offering new features, preloaded Apps, and even more versatility. A built-in USB port makes data transfer ultra-convenient. Plus, with three times the memory of the TI-89, you can store more Apps, data, and programs.

The TI-89 Titanium's advanced functionality and 3-D graphing make problem-solving for AP, advanced mathematics, and engineering courses infinitely easier. It's the most powerful TI graphing calculator allowed for use on the AP Calculus, AP Statistics, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, PSAT/NMSQT, SAT? I , SAT II, and Math IC & IIC exams.

key features

* 16 preloaded Graphing Calculator Software Applications (Apps), including EE*Pro?, CellSheet? & NoteFolio?

* 3x the Flash memory of the TI-89

* Built-in USB port with cable

* CD with operating manual

* All of the features & functionality of the TI-89

* Preloaded with Official AP Calculus exam review questions

Those are those pimpoholic calculators my math teacher always urges us to buys. Too much for a calculator for me. I want a palm that can do what they can do with games, music, video, etc. I played tetris on someone's TI the other day.

haha, good point, we aren't even allowed graphing calculators into exams...If I could load my new palm with Maple or Matlab, that would be 100x better than the TI-89 though.I still use the good old TI-83, but the TI-89 has an onboard USB port? whoa...edit: typo

If I could load my new palm with Maple or Matalb, that would be 100x better than the TI-89 though.

that was good one _lmao_

I used once my palm filled with pdfs in one of my exams before
it was open book though !

I have this s2pid story about my calculator. My engineering mathematics professor requires us to have a calculator during exams. so it was a No Calculator, No Exam Policy. I was s2pid enough to lend my calculator to a friend, who was on the day of the examination was no where to be found. I asked everyone to lend me one, I called my high school classmates, friends and everyone i know that could lend me, but no one can. it was already 4 in the afternoon nad my class will start in 2 hours. So desperate, I went to the mall to but one. luckily i made it to the class on time but the professor moved our examination date! s2pid calculator!!!!

We are allowed graphic calculators at our exams. So, I dled a text editor from the internet, and entered all my notes and summaries from the books :). The teacher himself said that I could put anything in the thing so its perfectly legal (and better then sneaking notes in). I need that thing for almost all my exams (having 4 exams next week :D). btw: I have a TI-84 plus and it has a usb port also (and I can play 3d games on it, dled from the internet).

I owned a TI-83 before and the 2 are not so different. TI-84 has some preloaded apps, extra flash memory, extra processor power etc and some extra functions. It isn't really much different in how you do calculations etc. It also has a smoother look, with better button layout etc. Nothing more complicated about it.

I've got a TI-89 too, without it i would be so dead. Im an engineering student and one of our motto's are "TI-89 or DIE" ... oK so its not really a moto, but whatever. I have a couple of friends that have reverse polish HP's. There suposed to be better, and reverse polish is suposed to be quicker too.. if you wanna learn it. But i know the 89 so..... 89 OR DIE!:)