xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
carlvskansas

Some Good Metal Bands

Do you mean actual bands? I think Mastodon rules more than anyone else and they?re really impressive playing live. Don?t know the bands you name but Pig Destroyer, Amorphis, Pelican and Jesu (these two if you like ambient progressive metal) are good metal bands right now. I think Down are going to release new records soon and definitely Tool that are touring this summer to play the songs of their 10.000 Days. And the classics forever, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Pantera, Melvins...I don?t give you links sorry, but it?s only putting names on google. <_<

Hmm.. Is Rammstein - metal band? If yes, then rammstein - very good metal band.

I'm listening to a lot of power metal right now. My favourite is probably Blind Guardian, but there are heaps more awesome power metal bands that I love. Kamelot, DragonForce, Rhapsody, Manowar, Falconer, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Iced Earth, Stratovarius and Running Wild are all great.I also listen to a good amount of thrash metal, like Nevermore. They're awesome; you should check them out if you haven't heard their stuff.

I listen to alot of rock and metal but i gotta say that my favourite are bullet for my vallentine, metallica, bowling for soup and 30 seconds to mars

I think slipknot and slayer are good metal bands and tool is ok its not my fav though also clutch is but I think there a rock song more than a heavy metal

good metal bands

Some Good Metal Bands

Some really good metal bands are like king diamond, iron maiden, it really depends what kind of metal your talking about like thrash metal, would be metallica's album kill em all, or and justice for all, but metal in general, would be like anything thats worth listening to, none of that poser *bottom* mudvayne crap.

-reply by king kalab

metal bands

Some Good Metal Bands

In flames, all time goods.

First song to listen too would be "my sweet shadow"

Possibly the best cafted song around

Peace out.

X

-reply by adzy

As a metalhead, this topic did some naughty things to me.....and some that weren't nice either. I noticed some people had mentioned some non metal bands (slipknot, 30 sec to mars, bowling for soup)....what the hell? Can we stay on REAL metal, please?As for bands I'm into, the list is endless...but I'll try my best to give a top 5-10 per genre.Thrash:SlayerExodusOverkillMegadethMetallica (old)AnthraxVenomPower:DioDragonforceIron Fire3 Inches of BloodInto EternityHammerfallWolfLacuna CoilDeath:DeathCannibal CorpseArsisNecrophagistBehold...the ArctopusNileChildren of BodomBlack:Dimmu BorgirMayhemBurzumBehemothVaderNWOBHM / old school:Black Sabbath (Ozzy and Dio eras)Judas PriestIron MaidenMotorheadMetalcore:All That RemainsUnearthLamb of GodKillswitch EngageShadows FallBand whose genres I don't know, but still enjoy or I just haven't listed them yet:King Diamond / Merciful FateIn FlamesOpethPantera (Phil is a jerk, though...I hate him)HatebreedDream Theater

Metal Bands

Some Good Metal Bands

Are you all brain dead? Has the words

Job For A Cowboy

Cradle Of Filth

As I Lay Dying

And

Forbidden Grounds completly escaped you?

What about the classics?

The Cure

Led Zeppelin

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath?

Come on yall

REAL METAL!

What??

Some Good Metal Bands

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

When the hell did The Cure become a metal band? Check out "Just Like Heaven" and "Lovesong" if you wanna hear the Cure "tearing **** up". Hahahaha.

Get some of the earlier Slayer, Pantera, Sepultura, Metallica (obvious bands), Devildriver's stuff is good, God Forbid, some old hardcore is good too, Vision Of Disorder, Strife, I'd put the old Bleeding Through there too, but the new stuff has gone all gay with the singing ****, Unearth are good, Napalm Death's later stuff (the early stuff is just noise), check out the record labels' websites for more bands too. Happy hunting, lemme know what you find, I'm at a deadish end too. The brutality seems to have been lost for boring shredding and bizarre vocal experiments.

-reply by Angel of Death

Replying to Trap FeedBackerHaha, what some of you guys have defined as "metal" is really sad.As I Lay Dying, Bullet for my Valentine, Job for a Cowboy and especially Slipknot are NOT metal! They are Metalcore and Nu-Metal (yet are not true metal); approach a TRUE metalhead and mention those bands, and you'll be lucky to make it past that minute alive.REAL metal = Overkill, Carpathian Forest, Slayer, Exodus, Guns and' Roses, Megadeth, OLD Metallica, Darkthrone, EvilSpell, Manowar, Celtic Frost, Venom, Iced Earth, Amon Amarth, Iron Maiden etc. But yes, there are SOOOO many different types of metal. -reply by Edgehead.

Ha! what you say about the metal is true. Metalcore and nu-metal is what those other bands are, and the bands you named are very truly solid metal. BUT! a metalhead winning in a fight? please! the vast majority of metalheads are either 1) obese guys who want to be tough but arent 2) scrawny guys with nothing better to do than try to hang out with the obese 'tough' guys and 3) long haired guys who throw up the rock on fist way too much and can't throw a punch. Go up to a crew of street hardcore kids (not scene *BLEEP*) and try to pick a fight. See what happens. -reply by guest