xisto Community
wild20

Keeping Faith In Times Of Trouble? A article I wrote, debates/comments anyone?

I wrote this article and I want to put it here. It is not anywhere else, I will put it on my site maybe in a few months, but for now, I want your review. Everything si 100% my words, but if it needs to be in quotes, mods please feel free to move/adjust this topic. Here is if guys:For those in times of trial, what the Bible says.The car broke down, you learned you have to take a pay cut, or even be laid off. Things are not going right. Sickness may have overtaken you, relatives died. Unemployment, disability, all the stresses of life. You barely have ends meeting now and things will be even worse the next few months.This readers, is the ultimate test of faith, and some of the worst situations facing people. The question is, can you make it through, and, does the Bible give you enough strength and scriipture to do that? The answer folks is yes! And the scriptures have plenty to say about it. The Bible says we will go through tribulation. (Acts 14:22) For some, this is instances of the death of someone close, financial problems, and stresses of life. We know that not all will be here on earth when Jesus comes again. But others will. There is an end time tribulation, but not all will go through it. For those that do, the times will be hard, with much suffering, but for those that don't, I am sure we all have little trials and tribulations that happen to us. What does the Bible say? I studied this while I wrote this, and found it quite interesting. You see, God gave us a great tool called the Bible. Some say it is a book of prophecy, other say it is a book of doom. I call it a book of promises. God's promise, all amounting to one thing, Jesus' return. The trials we go through are small speck and scope of the greater picture. The suffering we go through, will all be nothing more then a moment. The Bible says we are here for just a moment in time. (2 Corinthians 4:17)So what happens when we go through these trials? We do what Job did, we worship God, praise his name, and trust Him. I have a great text. It is Philippians 4:6. It states that we whould be anxious for nothing, but that in everything, through prayer, we should bring our requests to God. (paraphrased) This text is of great comfort to a lot of people. It is a sugggestion, no,.. more than that, a command on what to do in a time of trial, and when you ask something of God. This text alone, if used as a rule in life, and trusted as a promise that God will hear you, would keep our stress down. The ulcers that plague the world today, would disappear. I know a lot of people will be thinking on these words and saying, so are you saying to not worry about our furture? Our children, our livelyhood? No I am not saying that. But there is no reason to obcess about it. One needs to only trust in God, and then He does the rest. Yes, figure out what your budget is; Yes make sure your finiances are secure, but when troubling times come, pray that God will guide you, and according to His will, that He will answer you. Remeber what Jesus said in the Graden? Not my will, but your own. Some would call this crazy. I suggest a book. It is called "Ten P's in a Pod" and tells the life story of a family, that went around spreading the gospel. Sometimes they would have no money and no place to stay, but in the end God always supplied their needs. Which I always think is amazing. The father never worried. Crazy? Yes. I call it crazy for God. We should all be like that. It is a matter of putting something in God's hands, and not worrying about it.God has the bigger picture. It says in Matthew 6:27 that no one can help themselves or make anything better by worrying. I firmly believe that. God has the bigger picture. And although some of us think they feel better worrying about tomorrow, it just adds more stress. It says in Matthew 10:31 that we are more precious than the sparrows. And God says that not one sparrow will fall to the ground without God not noticing. (Matthew 10:29) So, we have nothing to worry about. God is our guide, and he is always with ut. There is no reason for us to fear anything. Trust in God, and we have nothing else to lose.If you liked this article, please put in some replies. I tried to make this for selling, but haven't got around to it, and decided not to. Anyway, it is kind of encouragement, but I am not sure if it is suppose to be in quotes even if it is my words. Thank for reading guys.

It is very well written . You have researched your bible and quoted well. But what about not quoting so much and write it your self.

I wrote this article and I want to put it here. It is not anywhere else, I will put it on my site maybe in a few months, but for now, I want your review. Everything si 100% my words, but if it needs to be in quotes, mods please feel free to move/adjust this topic. Here is if guys:
For those in times of trial, what the Bible says.

The car broke down, you learned you have to take a pay cut, or even be laid off. Things are not going right. Sickness may have overtaken you, relatives died. Unemployment, disability, all the stresses of life. You barely have ends meeting now and things will be even worse the next few months.

This readers, is the ultimate test of faith, and some of the worst situations facing people. The question is, can you make it through, and, does the Bible give you enough strength and scriipture to do that? The answer folks is yes! And the scriptures have plenty to say about it. The Bible says we will go through tribulation. (Acts 14:22) For some, this is instances of the death of someone close, financial problems, and stresses of life. We know that not all will be here on earth when Jesus comes again. But others will. There is an end time tribulation, but not all will go through it. For those that do, the times will be hard, with much suffering, but for those that don't, I am sure we all have little trials and tribulations that happen to us. What does the Bible say? I studied this while I wrote this, and found it quite interesting. You see, God gave us a great tool called the Bible. Some say it is a book of prophecy, other say it is a book of doom. I call it a book of promises. God's promise, all amounting to one thing, Jesus' return. The trials we go through are small speck and scope of the greater picture. The suffering we go through, will all be nothing more then a moment. The Bible says we are here for just a moment in time. (2 Corinthians 4:17)

So what happens when we go through these trials? We do what Job did, we worship God, praise his name, and trust Him. I have a great text. It is Philippians 4:6. It states that we whould be anxious for nothing, but that in everything, through prayer, we should bring our requests to God. (paraphrased) This text is of great comfort to a lot of people. It is a sugggestion, no,.. more than that, a command on what to do in a time of trial, and when you ask something of God. This text alone, if used as a rule in life, and trusted as a promise that God will hear you, would keep our stress down. The ulcers that plague the world today, would disappear. I know a lot of people will be thinking on these words and saying, so are you saying to not worry about our furture? Our children, our livelyhood? No I am not saying that. But there is no reason to obcess about it. One needs to only trust in God, and then He does the rest. Yes, figure out what your budget is; Yes make sure your finiances are secure, but when troubling times come, pray that God will guide you, and according to His will, that He will answer you. Remeber what Jesus said in the Graden? Not my will, but your own. Some would call this crazy. I suggest a book. It is called "Ten P's in a Pod" and tells the life story of a family, that went around spreading the gospel. Sometimes they would have no money and no place to stay, but in the end God always supplied their needs. Which I always think is amazing. The father never worried. Crazy? Yes. I call it crazy for God. We should all be like that. It is a matter of putting something in God's hands, and not worrying about it.

God has the bigger picture. It says in Matthew 6:27 that no one can help themselves or make anything better by worrying. I firmly believe that. God has the bigger picture. And although some of us think they feel better worrying about tomorrow, it just adds more stress. It says in Matthew 10:31 that we are more precious than the sparrows. And God says that not one sparrow will fall to the ground without God not noticing. (Matthew 10:29) So, we have nothing to worry about. God is our guide, and he is always with ut. There is no reason for us to fear anything. Trust in God, and we have nothing else to lose.

If you liked this article, please put in some replies. I tried to make this for selling, but haven't got around to it, and decided not to. Anyway, it is kind
of encouragement, but I am not sure if it is suppose to be in quotes even if it is my words. Thank for reading guys.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Information from other postings should be within quote tags.
Please read the Xisto readme file.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

what leeleelee said is indeed true.. sometimes what people need is not what is quoted from the Bible.. Bible verses are important, don't get me wrong, but how these verses affect our lives is also equally important.. It's encouraging when you see how people's life has been changed by God.For myself I haven't had like a major time of troubles yet but there are many times when I feel down, I've always ask Jesus to comfort me and he does.I still remember when I was just a kid, I wasn't the most popular boy in school. I had very little friends, mostly just casual friends, not those that I can tell my problems to. But somehow I was never lonely, because I kept telling Jesus all my troubles and problems. It's amazing how he answers me and comforts me. I never felt like I was all alone.. I know it's not easy to keep the faith when things go horribly wrong, but ironically, keeping the faith in times of troubles is the best way to get out of the troubled times..

Hey thanks for ytour input guys. IT is reallu helpful, but I just want to explain why I did this.

The reason for giving so much scripture is because people don't like opinion. And if I go telling people one thing without they themselves being able to look and see it for themselves, they are either too lazy, or don't care and then will start a big 'ol debate over nothing. But thanks for the input, I will keep it in mind next time.

It is amazing how God can be SO much more than a friend somtimes. I mean, talk about a shoulder to lean on. I am glad you are on the forums, I saw your website and it is AWESOME!

I actually write these articles for my site, it will be on my site after a few months. I like to let it fade back in Trap's post list before I go putting it on mine. But anyway, yeah, I am trying to create articles for spiritual strengthening. I write for places like Adventist Review, Guideposts, etc. Hey thanks again for the input!

very good article... i just have a thing to point about... maybe you should put the quotations that you refer by your own words and your interpretation of them, because it sometimes makes confusing to see which part of your statement belongs in the bible. the rest is awesome. great text :)i have some questions about the bible, the prophesis and cristianity in general... but i hope and pray to God... because, for me, God exists and it's not a property of any religion, it's a bless to the world :)

Praise to GodKeeping Faith In Times Of Trouble?Replying to wild20
Great job, The bible says 1Co 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. I find this edifying God Bless and keep you strong. 

-reply by Tboj

whatever you wrote it is just wonderful,know that whether quote ot not it was the holy spirit guiding you.We will never know the wisdom of God ,all we can do is trust in his will ,he want  all his children depend on him completely ,he is our heavenly father after all.

he deserve all the honor ,glory and praise

Hebrew 10:38 but my righteous one will live by faith and if he shrinks back I will not be pleased with him

God blessed you all

Just the words I needed...Keeping Faith In Times Of Trouble?

This quote is really inspiring. I think that if alot of people were to read this article, they'd be better off in certain situations and circumstances... I also wrote down the scriptures so that I can go back and read them so that I can have more and better understanding.  Also I was wondering if you had any articles on youth often getting (werry) don't know if I spelled that right... I know alot of young people often face troubles of growing up alone, relationship problems, and of course as you mentioned, financial problems, I myself am facing some of these challenges.. I'm constantly angry, I hardly ever smile, and my finances are just getting the best of me right now. My sisters often say don't stress about it cause God will no more on me than I can bear and that he's also testing my faith. They also said that he has a Blessing In store for me BIGGER than I can imagine.. Sometimes I often feel like giving up but I know that's not the thing to do or the way to go because I know that God is with me at all times.. But once again, this quote was really inspiring..

-reply by Samara

thanks for your articleKeeping Faith In Times Of Trouble?Thanks for this piece of work. I am in a big distress and trouble now especially financilly and thought of searching for encouraging write ups to console me. I have heen praying and looking unto God to answer and it seemed to me that God doesnt answer prayers anymore. I was lucky to get your work. I think its given me some calm and strenghtened my faith that God still listens and answers prayers. I am strongly hopeful that God will turn the page in my life soonest. Once again thanks-reply by isaac

Lovely words of faith indeed!Keeping Faith In Times Of Trouble?

I also, like isaac have been going through some rough patches of insecurity and bouts of depression and nervousness.I was looking online for encouraging articles to pep my spirits up! and also remind me of these simple facts in life. Trusting and having faith in the lord is definitely the solution to everything. Your articles was indeed moving and helped me :) thank you! I know whatever happens happens for the best...Cos God always looks at the bigger picture! Amen! 

-reply by Lakshmi

Thanks a lot for these very encouraging words. I was browsing around looking an enlightening example for a sermon, I'm about to deliver, when my search engine linked me up with your article. There wasn't much in the way of sermon starter, however, it really gave me a wonderful jolt. Wouldn't it be really nice if every once and awhile we could hear such encouraging words on the evening news, rather then about all the crime and hatred in our world. Again, thanks and many blessings in His name.-reply by Vassa

There is nothing wrong with being in turmoil when things go wrong in ones life. Being in turmoil, being sad is different then worrying. I feel Christians have this expectation of every time they pray about horrible situations in their lives that it is God's duty and obligation to help every Christian. That is not the case. Biblically that is not the case. We are not promised that God would fix everything that goes sour in our life, we are promised that he wouldn't leave us through it. Its a cute story that you shared about the book you read, but I don't want you to think that God reaches out and provides for all of his children in that way. Their are many people who serve the Lord in ways that the American church will never understand, and they are not privileged enough to have food and shelter. Does this mean they didn't love the Lord as much as those people in your book? Does that mean that God didn't love them as much?? Does that mean that the reason they weren't provided for was because they didn't have enough faith?? No, nothing a human does can deserve the love, faithfulness or help of God. There is nothing that we do to make Him need us or want us. He chooses to love us, in our sin, when we don't deserve any love, any forgiveness, any happiness, any help. Even Christ mourned and weeped after his best friend died. I challenge you to look up what mourning meant in the scriptures. Not through your bible's dictionary but through the hebrew context. Read up on what mourning meant back then, and how Christ mourned. You are absolutely right that we should have faith in God, but not that he will answer our prayers the way we expect him to. Just because he answers our prayers doesn't mean it will be answered with a yes. It's ok to be homeless, it's ok not to have anything. This is a life that God might call certain people. God tells people that these aren't things we should think about, at all. Yet we live in a society that distorts our views and opinions on people living in poverty. Although God says himself that we shouldn't want for money or have any form of love for materials and money, we acknowledge the scripture but deny it by our lifestyles. I wonder sometimes what country Christ would chose to live in. I highly doubt it would be America. We expect to much just because we are humans. All I am saying is that just because you stop worring about your situation, just because you put your faith in God that he knows all and he knows the future, it doesn't mean that anything in your life will change. You might live miserable until the day you die. In fact a lifetime of persecution, tribulation, sadness is what Christians are promised. God isn't our genie. His main purpose in life isn't to put smiles on all his children's faces. His purpose is His own. It is that he would be glorified. I have been through a lot in my life. I have seen things and had things happen to me that most people never will experience. These things bring problems to my life on a daily basis, and those problems lie much much deeper they just worrying. They affect the way I relate to people, the way I talk to people and the way I view life and my spiritual walk. Most people who lived privileged lives would hear me speak and thing that I am depressed. I am not depressed, I just know to much and have seen to much. Because of that I see things and the world much different then the regular human. I place this in God's hands, I do not fret or worry. I have come to terms that even if I spend the rest of my life in anguish and in turmoil over my past that I will never let go of the relationship I have with God. I know that although my reward most likely isn't here on earth, it is in heaven. And if I have to live with no happiness for this short life on earth that is ok w me, because God brings me joy. Ill take joy over happiness any day bro. Tell what you think...

-reply by Ashli Serrano

CommentKeeping Faith In Times Of Trouble?

I have been blessed by God with a dream job for the past 10 months.  Last week I was informed that our company was out of money and I was let go. I thanked God everyday for what I had, while I had it. Now comes a true test of my spirit. I would be lying if I did not say I was apprehensive and shaky about what lies ahead, but this bump in the road has driven me deeper into the bible and caused me to cling even close to Jesus- two things that are GOOD. Like one of the previous posters said, I also do not have any real close friends to hold me up, but I do have Jesus. I do not know what tomorrow will bring (and yes, my wife and I still worry- which scripture says in Luke NOT to do), but I am trying to focus on one day at a time. We are in a bad financial situation now, and the job market is tough, but my hope is in our God that SPECIALIZES in the impossible. Please pray for me and our family for strength, guidance, and peace in this turbulence. May God heap an extra blessing on all of us!

Jeff

-reply by Jeff

Faith Is Our Free Therapy Session!!!Keeping Faith In Times Of Trouble?Replying to wild20,36352,247709]Great job on this article! It will bless everyone who reads it. And if one fellow christian was getting weak before an obstacle, this will be a great reminder to him/her. God bless you and keep you strong. The usage of scripture is "totally" appropriate. It gives more power and credibility to your message. What really matters is what God's words are. Our own understanding can be misleading sometimes, but knowing what God's word is for a certain topic is more than uplifting. We believe that the Word is TRUE. Omitting it, will be wandering away from the truth. Faith is definitely our free therapy session and a way for us to maintain good health in the middle of much adversity and stress. To God be the glory forever. Amen!-reply by Rose

all I have to say is thank you. I am a young 21 yr old man trying to give myself and my problems to God. It helped me and gave me insight.Thanks!

-reply by dewayne