xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hulunes

Msn Spaces talk about it or yours

do you have a hotmail?if yes,i'am sure that you must launch your spaces...how do you think msn spaces,to consider it as a blog or simply website?i have looked through many user's msn sp but a few people used it as a blog.they always decorate their spaces with html code,as a result the site looks like a professional website without notepress.how do u think msn spaces?and what about yours?

I do have msn space set up a long time ago. What puts me off is the url itself. It is too difficult to reach to the url by common man. But with more and more people becoming more comfortable with toplevel domain slash something and finally the username things should be changing. The only problem I have with these blogs and spaces is the advertisements that adorn our blogs and spaces. They are just annoying. So, I would rather go for google blogspot/blogger than any other blogs and spaces where advertisements can be owned by us and we can make money through our blogs also.

that's right MSN spaces is not the best of the blogging tool.I think it is better to use blogger.com as it has the ability to export the files to FTP server and thus allows you to have a top level domain working with the blog. there are many more features which are better in blogger and one can only find them by using it.

I used to have MSN spaces a long time ago, but as time passes and things going on in life followed by a combination of reliability by MSN to keep their blogs up. I took it down. I'd have to agree that MSN Spaces aint exactly the best blogging tool, in addition their up-time aint really that good either (due to constant MSN profile upgrades and so on).Personally if I was to set up one again when I get the time, I'd go with the above suggestions.

I agree that msn spaces isn't really a very good website system to use. A few of my friends use it and they think it's really good, but I tried creating one. The microsoft server which the msn spaces are on was often going down and I found the thing quite complicated to actually set the space up (There was also a very long-winded signup process).For website blogging, I reckon there's many others which are a lot better than msn spaces and that are more user friendly.However, I suppose msn spaces are quite good for those people who use msn a lot, not just because it's exciting to do, but also because it shows the star (shows that you've got an msn space set up) and associates itself with the msn account.I don't really use blogging anyway, but if i did, i don't think i'd use msn spaces.This is just my opinion on using msn spaces.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

I really dont like msn spaces...1) The ads...its just like a great way for MS to get free adverts out to a lot of people. 2) Most look tacky and horrible, im all for letting everyone have the chance to have their own website/blog but the templates in my opinion are naff!The downtime also sucks but youve gotta expect it really...And worst of all are all the nagging people saying "please sign my blog waa waa waa" That does my head in!If they were to add better templates and designs and no ads then i might consider it...though come to think it id muc hrather have a blog on a propper site rather than a myspace!