xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bad-Boy

Is It A Virus Or Just Error ?

Hi . Dear buddies now a days I?m have a very strange problem and I?m not able to understand whats is the reason behind this problem and how I solve this problem. I am using ? ACDSEE 6.0 ? . Yesterday I was ? Croping ? mine pictures in ? ACDSEE? then when I select the ? Croping Area? , I received a error that ? ACDSEE has encountered an error and now will close ? :lol: And when I trried again to crop the same picture the same thing happened . Moreover , when I tried to view the same picture in ? ACDSEE ? , when it loads picture then suddenly closes with out giving any error. This happened every thime with the same picture . I think that would be a virus , I scanned my PC but no infected was found by my Anti-Virus Progam. 

Now please buddy , help me to solve this lillte but very awfull problem. <_<

Have you tried to open that particular picture file with another picture view or photo editing software. I'm suspecting that the picture file is damaged or has an extra or missing a certain bit of data such that ACDSee is unable to show your picture file. Check if that picture file is valid by opening it with another picture viewer. If the picture is still viewable in another picture viewer, you may have to repair that particular picture file.
http://www.officerecovery.com/pixrecovery/

Alternatively, if you are able to open that picture file with another picture viewer, try saving it as another file name, hence resulting 2 of the same image or picture. Try opening the new picture file which you've just created with ACDSee to see if there's anymore errors in editing the new picture file. There should not be any more errors prompt. Basically, this method only saves the picture or image on another file, without getting any extra information existing in the currect picture file which gives you error in ACDSee. Those extra information in the picture file may not contain anythiing related to the picture, which included the time and date the picture taken, the name of the camera which the picture was taken, etc.

This problem is unlikely to be a virus since you've scanned your computer thoroughly and confirmed that your computer is virus-free. However if all the methods above fails, you may want to delete this file if you suspect it contains hidden virus scripts or trojan scripts.

And if all else fails, try reinstalling ACDSee and try again.

Viruses aren't always the culprit. That thing happened to me a lot of times... but those happened in Photoshop. I restarted Photoshop or my computer and it usually returns to normal. Things like that happen due to overloaded memory usage. Don't worry about it. There's no virus. Don't blame viruses for everything! :)

Well this is definitely not a virus. One other thing that might work if restarting either your computer or your program fails, is to try opening it with a different picture file. Also have you gone in and opened the folder that contains the files to make this program run, because people like to go searching for something and then something comes up missing because they deleted it on accident. So I would also make sure that you did not tamper with any of the files that actually make this program run and work.

I m also suffering same problem. ACDsee has encountered a system error. how to solve this problem? pls help me.
-Emdaudl

First off, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Sound obvious, but often if a program's files are corrupted it's the only real way of solving it.

ACDsee has encountered a system error

Is It A Virus Or Just Error ?

Since one week I have the same problem.

I have ACDSEE 9 Photo Manager running under Windows XP Home Edition Vs. 2002 SP2

So I took the advice of crazyfray and delete the program (with the aid of the original CD) and also delete the information which was kept in "see:Documents and Settings(my name)Local SettingsApplication DataACD Systems".

Then I turn of the PC and restarted again. After a new instalation the error is stil there.

The same program is stil working on one of my other PC!

-Bram

Hi . Dear buddies now a days I’m have a very strange problem and I’m not able to understand whats is the reason behind this problem and how I solve this problem. I am using “ ACDSEE 6.0 “ . Yesterday I was “ Croping “ mine pictures in “ ACDSEE” then when I select the “ Croping Area” , I received a error that “ ACDSEE has encountered an error and now will close “ :) And when I trried again to crop the same picture the same thing happened . Moreover , when I tried to view the same picture in “ ACDSEE “ , when it loads picture then suddenly closes with out giving any error. This happened every thime with the same picture . I think that would be a virus , I scanned my PC but no infected was found by my Anti-Virus Progam. 

Now please buddy , help me to solve this lillte but very awfull problem. :)

Well that is because use picture file is either too bulky or large in memory or their is some macro program causing problem.But if you want to check then its better you disable the error massage from setting it in XP my computer properties. but if you are using some other operating system, you will have to check settings accordingly.Hope that solves the problem.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please use the proper bbcode