xisto Community
John Kimble

The Human Mind Why the heck do we think so much??

Well, we all think waaaay too much sometimes... But you need to try and think less of those bad things, and concentrate on good things, positive things... So yeah, I thought about how my girlfriend might cheat me, but what can I do about it? If she wants to cheat me, she will, and I can't stop her... So, I go on to think that she loves me, and that she won't cheat on me...As for the matter of grounding, I'm past that phase long ago, but why would they ground you, if you don't do anything real bad? Go on to think that they will commend you, or say something positive... If you just always think how things are bad, and black, then that's the way they will be...It's all up to you, in the end...

I don't know if I fall into the "what if" trap, but I do definitly think too much. I think of things that I shouldn't have done or said, little things that the people I was talking to probably don't even remember. Then I like to plan things, and plan planning things.

I don't know if I fall into the "what if" trap, but I do definitly think too much. I think of things that I shouldn't have done or said, little things that the people I was talking to probably don't even remember. Then I like to plan things, and plan planning things.

i think same sometimes, <_< it's normal, you are heathly :lol: , if you see your g/f talkin with someone,
and you notic they are fliting some thing , you will get upset, and start thinking more and that
will bring much troubles,and it's might break your relationship , think of good things as much as you
thinking of bad things, as Galahad said :lol: , be honest and faithful to her if you cought her cheating than
just leave her, dang my english :huh: hope you got what i'm trying to say ,somehow helps you to think
different, i just know how dose it feels so just though id would share an opinion :)

Just try to be more optimisitic about things. I'm sure we all get paranoid. Like i get paranoid people are talking about me either in front or behind my back. lol. And what's bad is its in SPanish. lol. I just shrug it off. Losers. You should occupy your time with stuff like homework( i know its boring), computer, games, etc. Or like exercising or sports. It usually takes your mind of thinking a lot and relaxes it. If you think about those things too much the bad things your gonna live a poopy life. Everything is going to be miserable and your always scared to do things.

I seems like the others inhere are thinking the same as me. Your thoughts look really negative. Honestly, we all have days where were just down and cannot stop thinking about all the bad things, but it is really not worth it. I?ll try to write something I once thought of when we were discussing optimism and pessimism in school?One, widely known expression for this is the ?is the glass half full or half empty? and one of my friends answered: That depends if you are filling it up or emptying it. He didn?t mean it to be deep or anything, but he was actually right.See, if you keep focusing on all the bad things in your life, you are not getting anywhere. You get stuck and waste the time you were given in this life. But if you think of the good things instead and focus on all the great things, you?re filling your glass, your life, with something good, something worth spending your time on.Try to find something good to think of instead. Think of how much you love your girlfriend and ways of showing her: that even makes the possibility of her leaving you a lot smaller. Think about how other people think as well? I don?t know about you guys, but when I found myself as a typical pessimistic teenager, I started thinking a lot more. I started thinking about how we think and I used this in a good way, to work with myself and become a better person. This resulted in a better life to. Now people think I am very clever and mature for my age (I?m 17) and take me a lot more serious. Now I?m looking into psychology! This was my way of dealing with that. Find your way! Negative thoughts are something you should deal with.Good luck!Amanda

There is a saying that says, "An idle mind, is the devils playground"If you keep yourself busy with things that are importnant or things that will produce fruit, then you will stay from thinking things you shouldn't or things that will make you doubt yourself or others.

I for one think that thinking it's not bad...why doubting ourselfs is that bad? it's better that thinking about little things that doesn't matter at all :DI have doubted myself and others... and i found my answers in my doubts. I think that this path is just bad for the ones that doesn't go to the end of the line. If you go you'll find your answers... :)There aren't things that shouldn't be thought... that's prisioning your mind inside a golden cage. your thoughts determine in much degree the life you take and the destiny you'll have. so think what you want and you'll have your own life. Thought is a structure that considers possibilities but doesn't has a will or defined way... you have to use it with your will so you don't lose yourself inside of it... but think what you want... there isn't good and bad thoughts, because that's our mere classification of them, there is only thoughts :)The most you'll achieve with thinking a lot is the recognition of your limitations.. so don't fear thinking that much... :DAt other point i try not to follow an optimistic nor negative perspective of life, mainly because it's an ilusion of the mind. I try to see the reality of it... even though i some times give it a little bit of optimism :DI think that everyone should take their path in life and if that means thinking a lot so be it... if it's in your nature it's not something you can change with a quick word of try so... it's better to be a good original than a bad copy B)

Edited by sasuki (see edit history)

I hate over-thinking. It frusterates me so much. I over-think bad things that have happened to me and I just keep poking at it. Then I feel worthless for the next hour...But I take it out on my punching stand. So it all goes away. Yay for relief... :]

lol, I thought you were going to go all scientific when I see the human mind title. You just have to tell yourself that you are too paranoid and don't overthink everything.

having a mind that over-analyzes things can be a bad thing when you are thinking about things in your own life like that, but it can be useful later in life when you do certain jobs, being able to think about things in different ways and see potential problems and also the potential solutions to problems.

Thinking to much could be very painfull while it can also get you into alot of big trouble. Just the other I was taking a test at school and I couldnt get past one question and in the end I wasted 30 min. just trying too hard to think of the answer. So I ran out of time and just slopped down an answer and got a C+ on it. In the end, you'll get over it the same way I got over the C+ With hard work, dedication, and definently less thinking than was at the time considered humanly possible. Once you accomplish that, the world is at your fingertips and you'll never have that problem again. My mind is always idle and I'm not afraid to show it. Congrats on finding out that your mind is idle as well and accepting it. LOL. My sharing is over...

Edited by nuttysquirrl (see edit history)