xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deaths Aprentice

Suggestion (mirc)

I was just thinking about this :).It would be cool if you guys could host mIRC channels for members.so that people can connect to us using irc.<domain>.trap17.com .This would be good advertisement since those channels can grow pretty populair.Just a suggestion :D

I don't know about this. I think it would be better for someone to host an IRC Bot that connects people via another server.. (Advanced MIRC Programming. :) Uses Sockets and IP addresses)

I like the idea ...... but whynot setup a room on a big already running server or servers? :):D That way you only have to have some people to run the rooms. :D I'm on irc almost everyday so I would like to give myself up as a op in the room.One more server window open doen't mind me.

I was thinking you also can make a webchat on the site.That way when people login they have the option to chat with opne and other.I think that this takes less work in hands.And the idea is the same as a irc channel.

Setting up a room on a server that is already running is easy.Running a bot well that is a little harder.I'm running a eggdrop now but not for protection reasons.I use it to run some games. :) But what i have read so far it's not to hard.Aslong there is conection with the bot by dcc or telnet you can do almost anything with it.And if you can't find it yourself there are chatrooms you can enter for help on several servers.I stand totaly behind the idea and willing to help set up something. :D

this a very nice idea.. setting up a channel is very easy.. I have mirc channel on Chatx server.. you can view my site and go to IRC chat so you can see the activities in my channel. I have eggdrop bot which is only for Games.. but i am not the responsible of setting it up.. my friend here in Philippines.. If you wouldnt mind I will create a channel for trap in Dalnet server ( /server irc.dal.net ) Although Im not that really coder for Mirc but i know a lot of stuffs.. lets just compare notes of what we have known so far.. OK ?

What would be the name for the channel ? coz someone has already registered the channel " trap "

(Notice\ChanServ): Info for #trap:

(Notice\ChanServ): Founder : Objection (~FoxMan@62.139.58.227)

(Notice\ChanServ): Mode Lock : +nt-k

(Notice\ChanServ): Last Topic : #Snow (Objection)

(Notice\ChanServ): Description: lol

(Notice\ChanServ): Options : Ident, "Sticky" Topics

(Notice\ChanServ): Memo Level : AOP

(Notice\ChanServ): Registered : Tue 26-Oct-2004 11:51:34 GMT

(Notice\ChanServ): Last opping: Tue 26-Oct-2004 11:51:34 GMT

(Notice\ChanServ): *** End of Info ***

And since trap already registered, I have register the channel #Xisto.. here's the info:

(Notice\ChanServ): Info for #Xisto:

(Notice\ChanServ): Founder : deejames (~mahbaby@203.115.167.152)

(Notice\ChanServ): Successor : <None>

(Notice\ChanServ): Mode Lock : +nt-k

(Notice\ChanServ): Last Topic : `%%,`%%,`%%, We offer free webhosting visit our site and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ go to forums.. All you need is post at least 10 quality post and you can avail 50 MB of space.. for more info visit us now!! `%%,`%%,`%%, (deejames)

(Notice\ChanServ): Description: Free Webhosting

(Notice\ChanServ): URL : http://forums.xisto.com/

(Notice\ChanServ): Options : Ident, "Sticky" Topics

(Notice\ChanServ): Memo Level : AOP

(Notice\ChanServ): Registered : Sat 13-Nov-2004 02:53:36 GMT

(Notice\ChanServ): Last opping: Sat 13-Nov-2004 03:10:34 GMT

(Notice\ChanServ): *** End of Info ***

For more info go to irc.dal.net server and let;s talk all things about there..

We need to cooperate