xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
it01y2

Need Help With Ip! NEED HELP WITH IP

I have a belkin router with the latest firmware and I am totally stuck trying to load my external ip.I am running a apache webserver on port 80 in my internal ip 192.168.2.7 and I have sorted my port configuration out so that when someone enters my website it will direct them straight through my router into my pc. But the only problem is that when I try to search my external ip into my pc it comes up with a 404 error.I am trying to fix this problem,but havent worked it outIf you can try and work put I will be very appreciatedThanks Rob

Humm im nor exactly sure whats going on here....what i can see is that youve configured your router to forward all traffic in port 80 to your computer...correct me if im wrong <_<When youre trying to veiw the webiste (accessing your external IP) ae you using a computer on the router's network? or are you usiing the server computer to try and access the external IP. I should imagine that using the server computer as a CLIENT could cause problems. Try using a diffrent computer...if possible get someone else to test it on a computer not on your router's network. See if that has a different outcome. :lol:EDIT: If you use a firewall try disabling it on both the router and PC. If it then works you know its a problem with security. I guess it isnt but its always possible. :lol:

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

I have had similar problems myself trying to set up a server using a router. What I have discovered is that you will not be able to get a server running if you have your computer using that local network IP starting with 192. You might want to try bypassing your router and having a direct link to your computer. Try that and see if it works. If it does, you can re-attach your router using a hub so the set up is like this. Internet coming from wall is attached to hub. The hub is connected to both your computer and your router. I haven't tried that before, because I'm too lazy to really go through the hassle of doing all of that. But if it works for you, I hope you enjoy it.