xisto Community
epox

Running Php And Asp On The Same Machine how to?

hello dudes, i was asking me if i can install and run php and asp on the same machine and how to do that, i'm migrating to asp.net but actually i need to test some php files, but i installed recently asp.net and don't know how to run my old php files, so i will be grateful if someone tells me how.thanks in advance!

Heh. The humor of programmers.

Anyway, ASP and PHP can run on the same machine (as Inspiron has obviously pointed out); however, I would not personally recommend it. PHP runs optimally on Apache, and ASP on IIS; whilst both can run with either webserver, you will almost certainly encounter some problems. On the few occasions I have had to work in PHP on an IIS server, I have had to write and rewrite code time and time again to get it to work, whereas it would work flawlessly on Apache (I don't use an IIS server myself, but some of the people I've done PHP work for have).

So anyway, I think it would be better to pick an environment and stick with it - either IIS on Windows with ASP, or Apache on Linux with PHP.

So anyway, I think it would be better to pick an environment and stick with it - either IIS on Windows with ASP, or Apache on Linux with PHP.

It doesn't have to be that way. Install something like XAMPP on Windows and you can run PHP under Apache and ASP under IIS. You have to stop and start each server each time you swap from one to another, but other than that they work just fine on the same machine.

It doesn't have to be that way. Install something like XAMPP on Windows and you can run PHP under Apache and ASP under IIS. You have to stop and start each server each time you swap from one to another, but other than that they work just fine on the same machine.

Tyssen can you say what is XAMPP and can you put the resource link for it and why is it neccessary to stop each server instead why we cannot allocate diffrent port for each server is it possible

:) Have a nice day!