xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
agentblade

I Have Landed on trap17.com that is.

thanks.. I've been surfing on many flash websites hoping to gain more ideas and the thing that put me off is huge load times. I believe this is the primary reason why many people dislike flash. but i've seen sites that load pretty fast and yet are a sight to behold. That's the challenge of all flash website designers I feel, creating beautiful sites that loads fast.. not easy I must say.. kept telling myself, keep it simple keep it simple =D

i'm greatly impressed with the menu animation. :lol: and fast, even on a dialup. :lol: bravo! maybe you can change the background of your page (#999999) to seamlessly blend your flash blackground color (which is black) with the other elements on the right column (your tagbox, etc.). just a suggestion though. :lol:

thanks serverph and omegashine..serverph: hmm.. actually the background of my flash is #999999. The black box is within the flash actually. It was done so as to give the black box a 3D feel. If you notice (which I hope you guys can), there is a slight shadow at the bottom and right hand side of the black box. It gives a subtle feel like the black box is raised. I try not to make the whole site black because i feel it gives a very gloomy feel to the site.. thanks for the advice, hopefully I'm not reading it wrongly.. =)Omegashine: Is it really necessary for me to have forums? This is just a personal homepage for me and my gf to put our thoughts. But maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing =) Wonder what else should I include in my website.. Seems kinda empty at the moment.. haha.. yeah I agree it's premature, because I'm adding stuff as I go along. This website IS a hobby of mine anyway, so I only can do it when I have the time..

serverph: hmm.. actually the background of my flash is #999999. The black box is within the flash actually. It was done so as to give the black box a 3D feel. If you notice (which I hope you guys can), there is a slight shadow at the bottom and right hand side of the black box. It gives a subtle feel like the black box is raised. I try not to make the whole site black because i feel it gives a very gloomy feel to the site.. thanks for the advice, hopefully I'm not reading it wrongly.. =)

twas a suggestion only, to have all background in #999999 or black. but it's gloomy still, either way. <_< to each his own though. :lol: i didn't notice the shadow/raised box effect in firefox 1280x1024 resolution though. will try to view it in a lower resolution next time. :lol:

Wow i think thats a very good site. I am truly amazed at your flash skills :lol: I also use simple viewer but i didnt integrate it into a diffrent flash thing. Your site has a very playfull feelling to it. a little bit like in a kids playground :lol: but yeah its cool. What i would say is you need to some how integrate the flash application betting into the whole design of the site. Everything outsite of the flash seems a bit clumsy to me. I dont really have any suggestion that you can hold onto on this matter but i just say you need more design for it. If you want me to design somehting for you just drop me a note. email, msn or something. <_<

Wow i think thats a very good site. I am truly amazed at your flash skills :) I also use simple viewer but i didnt integrate it into a diffrent flash thing. Your site has a very playfull feelling to it. a little bit like in a kids playground :lol: but yeah its cool. What i would say is you need to some how integrate the flash application betting into the whole design of the site. Everything outsite of the flash seems a bit clumsy to me. I dont really have any suggestion that you can hold onto on this matter but i just say you need more design for it.
If you want me to design somehting for you just drop me a note. email, msn or something. :lol:

Hey thanks for dropping by and giving me your advice.. I really appreciate it, as the same with all that have given me your precious comments..

This is my first site and I feel there are much more that I can improve on. Hehe, I didn't know my site had a playful feeling to it.. but I'm glad it had a playful feeling to it. haha.. maybe because I love children, that's why somehow it became as such.. :huh:

Yeah I agree outside the flash looks ugly.. The walker guy was added just to fill up space.. the main thing was the cBox shout.. I'm not sure how can I integrate a shout box in flash.. the next best thing I can do is to make a guest book since the blog system is adapted from a guestbook example..

This is the Guestbook example?

Thanks for offering your help, at this moment I don't know what else I can do.. sxyloverboy please continue to give me your advice how I can improve my site. I appreciate your help very much..

Erm.. I don't understand what you meant by this line

integrate the flash application betting into the whole design of the site.

Please do explain.. hehe.. thanks <_<

nice work...after go into your site,sudden the bat,the neat animation work rather perfectly.its loading fast to make visitor happy to browse the content.furthermore,menu is unique...very nice.maybe later you can install a forum for your lovely site.i rate it 9.9/10 <_<

nice work...after go into your site,sudden the bat,the neat animation work rather perfectly.its loading fast to make visitor happy to browse the content.furthermore,menu is unique...very nice.maybe later you can install a forum for your lovely site.
i rate it 9.9/10 :lol:

Wow.. you're too kind man.. 9.9 <_< .. Thank you very very much, its a huge encouragement for me to keep on improving the site.. :lol:

Hmm.. I could put a forum in there but what kind of topics would I include? I don't think there will be much people that would post in there since its a site for me and my girlfriend to share our thoughts with other people.. I wanted a way to let others say something through my site and thus I've added the cBox tag box in there..

Keep those comments coming in, good or bad I appreciate them :huh:

Aww it says you shifted to another server. Thats a pitty that you dont like Xisto anymore :) but i do confress the posting get a bit tedious when you have to do it always. What i meant with intergrating the falsh better was that basicly just make the outside look nice so that it fits the design of the flash stuff :)Im glad youlied my suggestions and i hope your still on the forum so we can talk a bit more :)