xisto Community
BlackMesa

Game Maker Game Creation System

Always wanted to make games? Check out Game Maker. It's free and you can do so much with it.

"Have you ever wanted to be able to design computer games, but didn't want to spend countless hours learning how to become a programmer? Then you've come to the right place. Game Maker is a program that allows you to make exciting computer games, without the need to write a single line of code. Making games with Game Maker is a lot of fun. Using easy to learn drag-and-drop actions, you can create professional looking games within very little time.
You can make games with backgrounds, animated graphics, music and sound effects, and even 3d games! And when you've become more experienced, there is a built-in programming language, which gives you the full flexibility of creating games with Game Maker. What is best, is the fact that Game Maker can be used free of charge.

You can do anything you want with the games you produce, you can even sell them! Also, if you register your copy of Game Maker, you can unlock extra functions, which extend the capabilities of the program.

Game Maker comes preloaded, with a collection of freeware images and sounds to get you started; there are also a number of games to help you out." - https://www.yoyogames.com/

I don't really think this belongs in the Google section of the forums.I have used this software before and it is good for creating some quite basic games very quickly, and you can also create more advanced 3D games, but that can take quite a while. The interface is pretty intuitive and easy to use, but of course there are limitations compared to progamming a game from scratch.

runescape all the way. its fun when uget stronger so here is a account i don't use anymore its ok but not great.name: Arogtheelfpass: 10410Have fun :lol:

Could someone make me an RTS for Game Maker 6.1, in which the destroyed unit doesn't disappear, so the other are able to take his weapon, when they go to him. To have fog of war. To select all the units from the same kind when i double click on one of them. To stop selected units when press "S". To order patrol command. I want when I press 2 times "1" I can go to the units which I have marked with 1. To command attack move when I press "A" and klick somewhere with the mouse. To number them like Starcraft and War Craft 3 with Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2 etc. To catch or remove one more unit by clicking on it by holding Shift while i have selected some other units and how to make the unselected units selected by making a square with my mouse. i want to know where i can find RTS and lib 4 RTS

Could someone make me an RTS for Game Maker 6.1, in which the destroyed unit doesn't disappear, so the other are able to take his weapon, when they go to him.To have fog of war.To select all the units from the same kind when i double click on one of them.To stop selected units when press "S".To order patrol command.I want when I press 2 times "1" I can go to the units which I have marked with 1.To command attack move when I press "A" and klick somewhere with the mouse.To number them like Starcraft and War Craft 3 with Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2 etc.To catch or remove one more unit by clicking on it by holding Shift while i have selected some other units and how to make the unselected units selected by making a square with my mouse.i want to know where i can find RTS and lib 4 RTS

Edited by DeyanMarkovski (see edit history)

I've actaully been using gamemaker for about 2-3 years now. Its sorta different (the language you code in) but it works out great. You can do many many things with this if you try hard enough.@DeyanMarkovski: If you could explain what a RTS system is? If you do I might be able to help you.

Rpg Maker is More Easier then Gamemaker though but i think in my own opinion(IMO) GameMaker is much better than rm2k3(RPG Maker 2003) although the codings is hard.. and im kinda wanting to learn the codes on Gamemaker and i've been searchin the program on google and can't find it XD.. and finally som1 posted it XD... thanks for the link :)

To be fair the whole point of designing and making games is to come up with something original, u couldnt really get a prof job using this. U get pre-loaded images etc, which takes the fun out of makin the game, the point is to make ur own stuff. You'd be better off learning to code and use programs such as 3DS max to make stuff.

^ People can make their own images/sounds/videos. These programs just set the entire structure for them so they don't have to code... but the power isn't any near as strong as actually coding.They are more for hobby than anything. If someone were to make a game with RPG Maker XP and they tried to sell it, likely the sales would be nothing to extremely minimal. Even the best of the best games.

I think the point was missed

Game Maker

To compare GM to programming from scratch and RPG maker is fair, but the whole point of GM is to provide a user friendly IDE in which novices can learn the basics of developing and creating games.

It can be used to turn out some pretty impressive stuff like 3d games, multiplayer games, and the like but it's really a teaching tool above all else.

The real appeal of GM over anything else is because of it's simplicity to learn it makes a great enviroment for hobyists who do not have the time to learn advanced coding in a given programming language while remaining versatile enough to not limit the type of games you can create.

-reply by Geo Seven

I hate the people who use programms like Game Maker and then say they've created their own game.. They can't code, nor design. If you use programms like Game Designer, the only thing u do is choose wich characters and how the map looks like, you didnt code or designed it..

Design method
A document which describes a game's design may be used during development (often called a design document), although this is not the only way to design a game. Many games have been developed primarily through iterative prototyping which, depending on the type of game, can be a more appropriate way of discovering new designs than theorizing on paper. This was particularly true of early video games where the programmer was often also the designer and designs were much more constrained by technology, while at the same time new and ingenious programming techniques were being devised in parallel with the game design itself. In practice, some combination of forward planning and iterative design is used in the development of a game.

Iterative design tends to be more suitable for core game mechanics (or gameplay) where the emergent properties of the design can be very hard to predict. On the other hand, game elements such as story, setting, logical flow and level designs often lend themselves to being designed on paper, although almost invariably some unforeseen issues will arise that will need to be dealt with through a modification of the paper design. Thus, even a design document can and usually does undergo some kind of iterative process during the development of a game, either formally or informally.